Famous Rock Star that you regretted dying most

I'd like to give Ray Gillen an honorably mention. So sad what happened to him. Ray was my favorite vocalist of all time and I would have loved to see what great music he would have gone on to make and what bands other than Badlands he would have taken part in. Having said that those first 2 Badlands albums are Golden to me. His vocal on Dreams In The Dark in my opinion is as good as it gets.

Rhoads -

I'd been playing a few years, started in '76 so I lived the EVH explosion. Plus Jimi's shadow was still huge over music. Lizzy, Queen, Kiss was my musical foundation. Then Ed and VH hit, he rewrote everything but it wasn't until I heard Rhoads a few years later that it all clicked for me. Before Randy I was content learning rhythm guitar and being the backing guitarist in all my friends bands. After Rhoads hit, I wouldn't share the guitar spot in any of my bands until 25 years later.

With Randy we just got a brief snippet of where the guy was going. Much like Jimi, it would be amazing as a guitarist to see them evolve.

Randy Rhoads. Happened right when I was learning guitar. I wore Blizzard/Diary out.
I was going to say Randy as well. He died just barely 25. Set aside what he could have accomplished on guitar for a moment…he never got to taste the benefits of his success. Never even lived in his own apartment/house. At the time he died, he still lived with his mother. As I approach 50, and even though I was only 6 at the time he died, didn’t even listen to music much then besides the radio in my parent’s car, I think it’s such a tragedy that his life was extinguished at such a young age and just right as he was making a name for himself. It just breaks my heart.

I'd like to give Ray Gillen an honorably mention. So sad what happened to him. Ray was my favorite vocalist of all time and I would have loved to see what great music he would have gone on to make and what bands other than Badlands he would have taken part in. Having said that those first 2 Badlands albums are Golden to me. His vocal on Dreams In The Dark in my opinion is as good as it gets.
He was in a band with my ex guitar teacher (who is now one of my lifelong friends) for many years. I think it was called Harlet. They had no luck with the record labels because they thought he sounded too much like robert plant. It was a killer band, they had a huge following in the early/mid 80's.

Randy Rhoads I am sure had a masterpiece coming along in the next album or two. Not to say that D.O.A.M. wasn't great but he was going to do better.

Reactions: Geo
Joey Jordison..just an
unbelievable/supernatural creative.
Holy crap man, so stoked when someone is so good, the frameworks a-given, they develop a signature style out of stretching all limits,
which brings tears to my eyes when I first hear and notice it.

-Bummer how it all went down and a real eye opener of what happens to drummers no matter they’re position in the band.
He was #1 and look what happened.
REST IN BEAST JOEY!!!!

Chuck Mosley

He came to see us play in the early 2010s. It was kinda weird. A promoter talked him into coming to see us and a band called Garmonbosia, as we were part of a "weird metal" scene in Cleveland. He was a nice guy, and we are all sober people. He got back to playing again after that.

We played a fest together the weekend before he died. He played the first night, and we played the last night. I was watching him from backstage during his set. He was a little off. When he overdosed the following week, it hit me hard because I just saw him play his final show just days prior.

Back