Finally, Studio all setup!!

stratjacket

Long saga, but finally about done. Back in early December I posted a crazy shipping story about a lost Studio Desk. Ordered last April, long ass ordeal, but finally got it on December 21. That thread here for posterity sake.
https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/thre...ory-miracle-update-found-and-received.232550/

So we moved into a new place on January 7. Got all unpacked, situated, etc…big ass moving hassle, then FINALLY started putting my studio back together and built the new studio Desk. Here she is!!!

Using a De Lisle amp switcher, I have 6 amps hooked up going between a Two-Notes Captor X and Suhr Reactive Load. The Suhr RL output hits a Two-Notes CAB M+ for IR's. Cool thing is I can use all my Two-Note cabs on either the CAB M+ or the Captor X.

So the full switchable chain would be:
Guitar -> Pedal board (EQ, OD's) -> DeLisle -> 6 amp inputs -> 6 Amp outs -> DeLisle -> 2 Reactive Loads (and CAB M+) -> Patch Bay -> Time based effects (Source Audio EQ2, H9, Strymon pedals on the desk) -> Apollo -> Focal Studio Monitors.
Throw in the Axe-Fx III and the 7th amp output on the DeLisle goes to the KSR Ceres pedal -> Two-Notes CAB M+ -> Patch Bay -> Time base effects, etc...

So I can use the same Pedal board frontend into any of the amps or the Ceres, choose between the Suhr RL or the Captor X (or skip the Loads and go directly to a CAB M+ for the Ceres and future preamp type pedals) and through the patchbay have any of it go through the same Time based effects.

Now that it's done, tomorrow I'm learning bar chords !! :cool:

1.jpeg
2.jpeg
3.jpeg
4.jpeg
5.jpeg
6.jpeg
7.jpeg

Last edited:
Absolutely-awesome setup brother; I'm blown-away!

You even have the computer I saved for years for but had to pass on 'cause it turned out to be $10 000 AU for the base, unexpended setup. Had to wait for the Apple Silicon Mac Pro, which should be out this year IMHO, but if I'd had the bucks I would've been right there with ya on the 2019 model. What a beast!

Congrats on the new setup!
Looks really cool.
I feel your pain re: moving.
We moved last July. What a shit-show....
Still gonna be another month probably, until my music room is done.
Also, glad to see I'm not the only guy with a Captor X, a Suhr RL, and a cab M LOL!
They all have their place, and are all very useful tools.
I would be curious to hear your thoughts on how you use the Captor X and the Suhr RL.

Absolutely-awesome setup brother; I'm blown-away!

You even have the computer I saved for years for but had to pass on 'cause it turned out to be $10 000 AU for the base, unexpended setup. Had to wait for the Apple Silicon Mac Pro, which should be out this year IMHO, but if I'd had the bucks I would've been right there with ya on the 2019 model. What a beast!
Thanks dude. Yeah, I made the plunge for the Mac about a year and half ago. I bought the base model and then upgraded memory, internal drives, etc… My old Mac lasted me about 9 years so I figured if I can get that (or more) out of this one, then it’d be worth it.

What a beautiful desk and setup. There is tons of inspiration sitting there ready to go!
Well done and congrats!

How much of a pain is it to access the back of the angled racks?

Beautiful setup!
All the connections are exposed underneath, so it’s pretty easy to reach them. I don’t have to go in the back, just lay on the floor underneath the rack section and I can easily reach anything.

I also put those fuzzy floor pads on the bottom of the desk so it easily slides if I do need to do that for anything.

Back