FORTIN's Evil Pumpkin – Made in China?

Why should a professional thief go to work, to earn his money by himself?

I understood the marketing technique, the "hype" he uses... but it is a bit odd that he seems to base his ENTIRE business model on this?

The reason I ask, is because his "hype" schemes are sleazy and gross, and combined with the disgusting tactic of straight-up copy-and-paste "original circuit designs" is just SCREAMING for full on, pitchfork, social media backlash - I would say, that to set off this pile of tinder and sticks is the flame of a poorly timed or boorish public statement.... but I've seen Fartin's twitter.

So apparently employing the tactics suitable for a Mafioso is now acceptable for an electronics brand?

Apparently, if you plagiarize the grand masters of an art?

dct3zdq-035a2cdc-2bc1-4b81-94a9-6a7cf1111e18.jpg
I do have this or a similar photo of the Bones myself and easily can see, that he's adapted the stabilized DC heater supply from my DINO & British Purist - and that he's followed some of my parts brand recommendations, i.e. Panasonic ceramic caps & ERO Roederstein MKT1813 foil caps, but to re engineer the circuit off the photo of a PCB based circuit is impossible.

So apparently employing the tactics suitable for a Mafioso is now acceptable for an electronics brand?
This apparently is how his brain is operating?

The one side of the medal is tube amp designs, but turn it around then you'd see, that there's none of his pedals, where the circuit wasn't stolen from others.

Btw. I've heard of a funny thing, that a new small pedal builder has cloned one of MF's pedals and he (MF) considered to sue him... because this guy has cloned that pedal design, what MF has stolen before from someone other :loco:

This apparently is how his brain is operating?

The one side of the medal is tube amp designs, but turn it around then you'd see, that there's none of his pedals, where the circuit wasn't stolen from others.

Btw. I've heard of a funny thing, that a new small pedal builder has cloned one of MF's pedals and he (MF) considered to sue him... because this guy has cloned that pedal design, what MF has stolen before from someone other :loco:

Who was it, that you heard copied MF's designs for the noise gate? Because I am fairly certain that THAT gate chip circuit was Santiago Alvarez of the kerry king signature marshall amp, and fortin and many others have designs in that "style" now.

I'm unaware of who came up with that THAT circuit before Santiago, if he exists

Who was it, that you heard copied MF's designs for the noise gate?
I haven't bookmarked this thread, because it wasn't of much interest for me. I don't care much about pedals, since they arent not required in front of my amps.
I even don't remember was it a noise gate or a boost pedal.
The thread about this was either here on RT, or at Gear Page.

I haven't bookmarked this thread, because it wasn't of much interest for me. I don't care much about pedals, since they arent not required in front of my amps.
I even don't remember was it a noise gate or a boost pedal.
The thread about this was either here on RT, or at Gear Page.
I think I have the facts correct either way.

But the salient point remains that MF is a hypocrite who sues people for copyright shit 🤣👌

japetus said:
On hold until covid-19 lockdown is over
The truth probably is: On hold until the container ships can leave chinese ports again
Still another reason why the EP's are on hold might be, because if you type into Google: "Fortin Evil Pumpkin", then the link to this thread shows up on the 1st page - maybe he's waiting until the link has dropped back to page 2 or 3 on Google? Just loud thinking 🤷‍♂️

I have a Fortin modded JVM. One of the ones Ralphie was doing with him. It sounds really good. But this is some shady shiznat.

I really wanted a Fortin bones and even reached out to Mike’s social media expert on pages (It’s really not Mike - he hasn’t posted as himself since early on) to get into touch with Mike. I basically asked Mike to please build a Fortin Bones and he shared a smiley face politely declining. I honestly think he sold the rights to Randall who then haven’t done anything with it.

I thought it was odd the number of amps Mike used to own before he started his company. There was a picture at one point where he had at least 20-30 standing on end in one room. Some of them Larry’s models.

I thought it was odd the number of amps Mike used to own before he started his company. There was a picture at one point where he had at least 20-30 standing on end in one room. Some of them Larry’s models.
This is the photo Mike sent me 4 days after he got his DINO 939 on Jul 6th 2007 - but there's no DINO visible.
The question is, were these 'his' amps & cabinets? Or those of a friend's friend?

Would you mind to post the photo with the amp armada including the Larry's?

Attachments

• 070710_Fortin-IMG_0107.JPG
    070710_Fortin-IMG_0107.JPG
    552.6 KB · Views: 131
This is the photo Mike sent me 4 days after he got his DINO 939 on Jul 6th 2007 - but there's no DINO visible.
The question is, were these 'his' amps & cabinets? Or those of a friend's friend?

Would you mind to post the photo with the amp armada including the Larry's?
It was posted by Mike many eons ago when he was as common here as the likes of Monomyth doing mods for members. His username was FortinAmps, it’s likely been deleted ages ago. I remember the Dino in the picture of the forest of amps standing on their side on the floor. I haven’t seen the image in years.

I have a friend who bought the Fortin Sigil and was extremely disappointed in it. He has been trying to sell it and it hasn't gotten any hits and his price was more than fair.

I replaced the Zuul with the Deadweald Golem and I'm using the Duality as my boost. There isn't anything Fortin in my rig these days. The whole Fortin Army borders on a cult and the whole customer service fiasco over the Sigil standby has removed any temptation to get a Fortin.

I would much rather do business with people who appreciate my business and don't insult me if I have an issue. That's also the reason that I will never own a Kiesel.

Interesting post, very constructive (y)

Keep care on you, that you don't suddenly die by boredom!
We'd miss you :unsure:
Whatever the fuck that means? You see, posting the little popcorn eating guy is a way to mark a thread that one may not have much to contribute to but is interested in reading. Maybe I should have asked your permission first?:jerkit:

Who was it, that you heard copied MF's designs for the noise gate? Because I am fairly certain that THAT gate chip circuit was Santiago Alvarez of the kerry king signature marshall amp, and fortin and many others have designs in that "style" now.

I'm unaware of who came up with that THAT circuit before Santiago, if he exists

If I had to guess, it was probably that Lone Wolf Audio clown and his Endless Blockade gate. The original version was definitely from the KK Marshall

I do have this or a similar photo of the Bones myself and easily can see, that he's adapted the stabilized DC heater supply from my DINO & British Purist - and that he's followed some of my parts brand recommendations, i.e. Panasonic ceramic caps & ERO Roederstein MKT1813 foil caps, but to re engineer the circuit off the photo of a PCB based circuit is impossible.
I learned of the Panasonic caps from him. At least a decade ago...

Back