Frank Marino

  • Thread starter Thread starter JackBootedThug
  • Start date Start date
I didn't catch that, but I have fond memories of listening to Frank back in my formative years. My friends were older and turned me on to Frank and all kinds of shit people my age weren't listening to. In hindsight, it was a blessing...
 
total respect for the guy. a legend.

thinking about SG players, my fave is this guy for his songwriting, killer rhythm and lead tone, and ability to totally blaze a ripping melodic solo every time!

 
I was not really aware of Mike Slamer, I’ll have to check his discography; thanks for sharing :cheers:
 
Great to see Frank back and still killing it. Guy is a legend when most cats in his era are gone or out of the game!
 
He inspired me at 16 years old to snagg up a 62 Gibson SG with a huge vibrato bar for $200 at my buddy’s Dad’s basement guitar shop/swap.

So many cool Gibson’s passed thru that basement since we were only 40 minute drive from Kalamazoo!!
 
It never occurred to me how small Frank must be to made an SG look that big.

Regardless, his Juggernaut album is truly one of the great rock albums, and has enough shreddy guitar to make a significant mark on the arms race of the 80s.

 
Great seeing a Frank Marino thread, only to dissolve into YT videos of numerous assholes who happen to play an SG or have nothing to do with Frank.

That out of the way, he obviously can still sing and play great.
I'm pretty sure he isn't using those Marshalls, they don't even seem to be turned on. Other photos show his rack, including his home-made Preamps.

Here is the board he was using. Just as I suspected, he's using way more shit than the 6 Frank Marino pedals he currently offers for sale.

1786454227737.png
 
Mahogany Rush Live

Interesting choice of material on the new clip.
 
Great seeing a Frank Marino thread, only to dissolve into YT videos of numerous assholes who happen to play an SG or have nothing to do with Frank.

That out of the way, he obviously can still sing and play great.
I'm pretty sure he isn't using those Marshalls, they don't even seem to be turned on. Other photos show his rack, including his home-made Preamps.

Here is the board he was using. Just as I suspected, he's using way more shit than the 6 Frank Marino pedals he currently offers for sale.

View attachment 456026
What is that beside the pedal power?
 

Similar threads

Back
Top