got my GNR tix

I wish! I have a hard time enjoying concerts these days (save for a few recent ones), but I think I would love this. I'll bet it's going to be killer.

I got presale tickets Monday for the Houston, TX show Fri. Aug 5th. I'm probably going to regret it but I've never seen them live so what the hell right?

Closest show to me is in Toronto in July..I am assuming this would be first leg of tour and there might be other canadian dates but so far this looks to be the only one and I don't feel like driving 5 hours and having to pay for hotel as well that night. Could end up being a 4-500$ weekend. I will go see them if they hit Montreal which I can't imagine they wouldn't unless the show and riots back in the early 90's made them never want to return?

MY buddy sent me a screenshot that the cinci tickets were $410 a piece for floor... I am a huge GNR fan, my favorite band of all time, but I am not sure I could justify $410 for a floor seat even if Axl still had a voice left. I for one am boycotting this tour.

Do not get people spending a mint on tickets for crappy seats to see bands whose singers have no voice left... GNR and VH spring immediately to mind. I love both bands, but my nostalgia is not that strong lol

Hope you have a great time, just not for me :rock:

victim5150":2to3jdhq said:
I got presale tickets Monday for the Houston, TX show Fri. Aug 5th. I'm probably going to regret it but I've never seen them live so what the hell right?

Hell yes , go and have a blast

I would love to go but the price is too high for me.
Although it won't be the same, I will wait for a live bluray or youtube clips with my fav beer ready.

Debating the atlanta show. May just wait. If things go well, I'm sure they'll do smaller venues and ticket prices will drop.

When I saw GNR, nobody knew who they were, and Slash was wearing a neckbrace. Opened for Motley Crue at that show. Times have changed, without a doubt.

Buddy of mine flew out to Vegas for the opening show last night. Said Adler and Izzy joined them, so looks like they are doing it right. At least to start...

mojotone":wilciu35 said:
When I saw GNR, nobody knew who they were, and Slash was wearing a neckbrace. Opened for Motley Crue at that show. Times have changed, without a doubt.

Slash wrote in his book that Nikki Sixx body slammed him during a drunken binge on that tour most likely a little bit before the show you saw

itsme":2yq8qnbn said:
Buddy of mine flew out to Vegas for the opening show last night. Said Adler and Izzy joined them, so looks like they are doing it right. At least to start...

I think your buddy might be mistaken, if Izzy and Adler joined them onstage, the news would be EVERYWHERE, I can't find a single picture, video or mention of it.

Back