Greenbacks: reissue and heritage/evh

fearhk213

I've done some digging on these speakers and have a general understanding on the difference with these speakers. I feel like I run across more posts with players favoring the reissue. That said, I'm wondering if there is anyone here who has compared these speakers while playing something like a stock plexi or even a hotrodded plexi? I'm curious what you're thoughts are with these speakers through that circuit.

I have an EVH 412 with the EVH/Heritage and it sounded great with the Germino club 40 I had and the Wizard MCII. I then swapped 2 of the EVH for two RI greenbacks (Made in England FWIW) in an x pattern and it's really hard to tell any difference to be honest. Mixed I think it sounds essentially the same.

Sorry...that did not really address your question :aww:

MetalHeadMike":w1rx7eks said:
I have an EVH 412 with the EVH/Heritage and it sounded great with the Germino club 40 I had and the Wizard MCII. I then swapped 2 of the EVH for two RI greenbacks (Made in England FWIW) in an x pattern and it's really hard to tell any difference to be honest. Mixed I think it sounds essentially the same.

Sorry...that did not really address your question :aww:
:thumbsup:

I had 2 evh cabs. One had GB reissues, the other had the Heritage. Played both cabs with my hot rodded Marshall (clone) and evh 5153 50w. Honestly unles you're A/B'n them...IMO, there was very little difference on either amp, with either speaker.

The Heritage may have been a little louder sounding which to me made them feel a little brighter, and broke up a little less quickly. But that's all I heard.

Again my opinion, either would work in the Plexi/hr-Plexi

The stock 25w EVH or Greenbacks are not going to withstand much time with a 100w Plexi at full tilt. You will need two 4x12s or an attenuator or you will need to keep it way below full tilt. I learned this the hard way and it was expensive.

Rick Lee":2maf36va said:
The stock 25w EVH or Greenbacks are not going to withstand much time with a 100w Plexi at full tilt. You will need two 4x12s or an attenuator or you will need to keep it way below full tilt. I learned this the hard way and it was expensive.
I can run this one at 50w and it has a built-in variac, so I can get some good gain going before it gets ear bleeding, so I should be good with one cab with this one.

Back