Groans

v5huBYv.jpg

See, everyone here is ACTIVELY engaging the other. Anyone on either side could easily walk away at any time. Or, better yet, just not come into this particular part of the forum at all. BUT, someone will complain very soon and have this one shut down too. It’s amazing when everyone steps into the shit and starts throwing it around, and then someone gets upset because they realize all of the sudden that they’ve become covered in shit.

See, everyone here is ACTIVELY engaging the other. Anyone on either side could easily walk away at any time. Or, better yet, just not come into this particular part of the forum at all. BUT, someone will complain very soon and have this one shut down too. It’s amazing when everyone steps into the shit and starts throwing it around, and then someone gets upset because they realize all of the sudden that they’ve become covered in shit.

Sure, but from a forum-owner point-of-view, "man, it'd be great if my forum didn't have all this shit in it!"

Sure, but from a forum-owner point-of-view, "man, it'd be great if my forum didn't have all this shit in it!"
Dude, I got that several posts back. But the choice was made to have it in, and it was done. Then it was taken away. They knew what they were getting into when they created it. They only shut it down because one side (which very clearly appears to be the left) complained about it, and it was the very people posting in the threads doing the complaining. Don’t you see the irony in that?
Don’t you see the eroding of our ability to speak freely happening right before our eyes? Sure, this is “just a guitar forum,” but it’s happening all over the place. Don’t you see that shutting people down from freely speaking is a bad idea? You seem like an intelligent person, so I hope you can see how shutting people down from speaking openly and freely is a bad idea. I’m not just referring to this forum either.

Exactly.

No joke - these 'tarded libs here exhibit the same kind of behavior I witnessed in the 70's going to grade school.

There's a reason why I will not engage in a civil argument with Lie Manchu, Gonad, et al -

Because I have in the past, and found them to be 100% intellectually dishonest.

So I just call them the lying degenerates that they are.

Dude, I got that several posts back. But the choice was made to have it in, and it was done. Then it was taken away. They knew what they were getting into when they created it. They only shut it down because one side (which very clearly appears to be the left) complained about it, and it was the very people posting in the threads doing the complaining. Don’t you see the irony in that?
Don’t you see the eroding of our ability to speak freely happening right before our eyes? Sure, this is “just a guitar forum,” but it’s happening all over the place. Don’t you see that shutting people down from freely speaking is a bad idea? You seem like an intelligent person, so I hope you can see how shutting people down from speaking openly and freely is a bad idea. I’m not just referring to this forum either.
INb4 "the internet isnt a democracy - doesn't have a constitution - doesn't follow the same rules as the US"

Reactions: lll
They only shut it down because one side (which very clearly appears to be the left) complained about it, and it was the very people posting in the threads doing the complaining. Don’t you see the irony in that?
I don't think people reporting posts wanted the forum shut down. I think they wanted some of the non-constructive direct insults and calling for violence against named politicians to stop. I saw most of that coming from the right.

If a moderator said 1000 to 0 reports from one side, I take that as a sign that one group was misbehaving and being reported for it. It is amazing to me that people blame the left for wanting a civil discussion and don't accept responsibility for making the situation get out of hand themselves. Then continued the same behavior in the "no politics" thread causing it to get locked. Then opened this thread to vent more... if anything, the continued behavior justifies the decision in some weird attempt to say it was wrong. That is the irony. Let it go.

I'm saying this as a centrist who leans right.

Anyways, I'm staying out of this from here on, as moderators made it pretty clear they want it to stop.

And ya, insulting me on this post just proves the point, so I look forward to the attacks on this one.

Last edited:

You should talk with your politically-charged "no step on snek" avatar.

There's a reason why I will not engage in a civil argument with Lie Manchu, Gonad, et al -

Because I have in the past, and found them to be 100% intellectually dishonest.

So I just call them the lying degenerates that they are.

Pure unbridled projection.

I don't think people reporting posts wanted the forum shut down. I think they wanted some of the non-constructive direct insults and calling for violence against named politicians to stop. I saw most of that coming from the right.

If a moderator said 1000 to 0 reports from one side, I take that as a sign that one group was misbehaving and being reported for it. It is amazing to me that people blame the left for wanting a civil discussion and don't accept responsibility for making the situation get out of hand themselves. Then continued the same behavior in the "no politics" thread causing it to get locked. Then opened this thread to vent more... if anything, the continued behavior justifies the decision in some weird attempt to say it was wrong. That is the irony. Let it go.

I'm saying this as a centrist who leans right.

Anyways, I'm staying out of this from here on, as moderators made it pretty clear they want it to stop.

And ya, insulting me on this post just proves the point, so I look forward to the attacks on this one.
I hear you, man. You make some valid points. I’m seeing that a lot of the name calling is coming from the right. I don’t like for several reasons, nor would I do that. I think it’s wrong. On the other hand, there’s an “ignore” button that would’ve fixed those particular complaints. As to the threats of violence against a politician, or anyone for that matter, that should’ve been shut down by a moderator.
So this whole thing boils down to a lack of sufficient moderation, imho. I consider myself very similar to you as one who leans center-right, fwiw. Im trying as best I can these days to be non-partisan and call balls and strikes as I see them. I don’t always get it right. I’m capable of being wrong, but I stand by my conviction that more speech is better than less speech, no matter the venue.

Please define what the sub forum “off topic” means?

So if you were a forum owner you wouldn’t have an “off topic” sub forum. We get it, yet here you are posting in the off topic sub forum. 🤡

I hear you, man. You make some valid points. I’m seeing that a lot of the name calling is coming from the right. I don’t like for several reasons, nor would I do that. I think it’s wrong. On the other hand, there’s an “ignore” button that would’ve fixed those particular complaints. As to the threats of violence against a politician, or anyone for that matter, that should’ve been shut down by a moderator.
So this whole thing boils down to a lack of sufficient moderation, imho. I consider myself very similar to you as one who leans center-right, fwiw. Im trying as best I can these days to be non-partisan and call balls and strikes as I see them. I don’t always get it right. I’m capable of being wrong, but I stand by my conviction that more speech is better than less speech, no matter the venue.
No one ever reported threats, and you're fucked if you think I'm going to read all these threads so that we can have better moderation. People were only reporting their feelings hurt when others were calling them names, and to that note, I couldn't care less and will ignore. Read that again; adults on an internet forum were reporting to a moderator that some one called them names. A large amount of the time the reporter was just as guilty. I actually had people (you know who you are) reporting that some one called them gay when they had frequently called others gay sometimes in the very same thread! You people need to get a grip on your lives. Unless there's a threat or straight up bigotry or racism, do everyone a favour and ignore, as I do and will continue to do, you'll feel a lot better.

Read that again; adults on an internet forum were reporting to a moderator that some one called them names. A large amount of the time the reporter was just as guilty. I actually had people (you know who you are) reporting that some one called them gay when they had frequently called others gay sometimes in the very same thread!

That's hilarious.

And expected; considering the individuals.

Saul Alinsky, Rules for Radicals:

"Accuse your opponent of what you are doing, to create confusion and to inculcate voters against evidence of your own guilt".

"Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules."

This is why one should go in with an "all rules out the window" mindset when interacting with these types, because fair-mindedness is not in their DNA, even though they will constantly appeal to it when getting hammered (right after doing some hammering themselves, of course).

Last edited:
No one ever reported threats, and you're fucked if you think I'm going to read all these threads so that we can have better moderation. People were only reporting their feelings hurt when others were calling them names, and to that note, I couldn't care less and will ignore. Read that again; adults on an internet forum were reporting to a moderator that some one called them names. A large amount of the time the reporter was just as guilty. I actually had people (you know who you are) reporting that some one called them gay when they had frequently called others gay sometimes in the very same thread! You people need to get a grip on your lives. Unless there's a threat or straight up bigotry or racism, do everyone a favour and ignore, as I do and will continue to do, you'll feel a lot better.
I was specifically referring to threats of violence that were alleged within this thread to have occurred in the GOG forum. I agree that complaining bc someone called them names is childish. That’s what the ignore button is for, which is on the members themselves. However, if someone is legitimately calling for violence to be enacted on another human being, then that should’ve been dealt with by a moderator. BUT, if no one reported those threats of violence, then they have NO reason to complain about it here. Some were doing that, specifically claiming that threats of violence were issued, reported, and nothing was done about it. Now I see that those supposed threats of violence were never reported, and it was just people complaining about name calling.

Last edited:
Back