Guitar Market

• Thread starter Deleted member 38657
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38657

As of today Reverb is now posting how many views and when gear was posted up for sale. Interesting given it seems like you wouldn't want to show that information to prospective buyers if it comes across negative like "posted over three years ago" = overpriced = not going to sell and make reverb money. I believe the market is slowing down at least on the guitar side of things.

I buy a lot, I mean like way too much gear, pretty much numerous times a week. Some things I have noticed are that GC/MF used listings of Gibsons have went from roughly 20-30 new listings a day with 40-50 sold until they had less than 200 listings in February. Now, they list about 30-50 new listings a day, with about 20-30 being sold a day and currently have about 530 used listings. Reverb had about 7-7.5k Gibson listings throughout February, now there are about 10k+. At least with these, it seems that the market is slowing pretty hard. Hope you weren't a bagholder of an Adam Jones LP.

Like I said I buy a lot of gear, and this isn't the same pattern I've seen for years; During or even before covid. Tax time has mostly always been the biggest selling time for gear, ime. I mostly stick to Gibsons and extended range guitars so that's all I personally have to go off of, and am not saying this is the totality of the market But, if anyone has disputing evidence or experience of this seeming trend I'm noticing let us know!

Prices on Reverb are still higher than a bus load of Mexicans at a Los Lobos concert - but, they aren't moving. People are starting to come to their senses, I believe, in some regards. Sure, some still overpay if they want something bad enough, but alot more are thumbing their noses at the ludicrous prices people are asking and walking away.

Last edited:
Weird, as long as I've been using Reverb they've shown how long a listing has been posted for.
Odd, only number of Watchers and Offers were shown to me for some time until yesterday. I did fill out one of those stupid surveys a couple months ago where I specifically said that listed dates was a research point for selling to me and I wish they brought it back. There are threads about it's removal in early 2020. Do you happen to use the app, maybe because this was in February of 2020:
Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 3.51.35 PM.png

Noticed a lot of guitars on consignment at the local shop and they don’t seem to be moving very quickly. Anymore I try to stay off reverb, just overall crazy prices.

I have refused to use reverb ever since etsy, but I would have also quit with the 1099 shit.

It's ridiculous. The government isnt going to tax me TWICE for a used item.

Odd, only number of Watchers and Offers were shown to me for some time until yesterday. I did fill out one of those stupid surveys a couple months ago where I specifically said that listed dates was a research point for selling to me and I wish they brought it back. There are threads about it's removal in early 2020. Do you happen to use the app, maybe because this was in February of 2020:
View attachment 116782
I do use the app - way too much actually lol. But I do surf on my laptop too. I've never noticed that the listing age went away for a time. News to me..

I have refused to use reverb ever since etsy, but I would have also quit with the 1099 shit.

It's ridiculous. The government isnt going to tax me TWICE for a used item.
ebay is doing it now too. they held my payout this month until i gave them my SS #, since i sold over a certain amount. i couldn't believe they didn't already have my ss # as they have all my other info. cc, banking, home address, etc.

Back