Henning Cherry Bomb & Bottle rocket

Wayniac3

How much overlap is there in these 2 heads?

I know the BR was based on the "Rod" channel of the Cherry Bomb... how "redundant" would it be to have both of these amps... are they too similar to have one of each?

Also - with a (recently acquired) Kemper... would it be even MORE redundant since there are some profiles out there?

Wayniac3":3pxjsnl8 said:

I know the BR was based on the "Rod" channel of the Cherry Bomb... how "redundant" would it be to have both of these amps... are they too similar to have one of each?

Also - with a (recently acquired) Kemper... would it be even MORE redundant since there are some profiles out there?
Not that redundant honestly. Steve has said on the boards (and to me at NAMM) the Cherry Bomb is definitely not as aggressive in gain or feel as the Bottle Rocket. The Bottle Rocket is also a good "set it and forget it" amp but if you are not a guy that is ok using the volume knob for cleans, the the Cherry bomb with a boost would be perfect. Kind of like the difference between a Fryette Deliverance 120 and a Sig:X.

The Deliverance is as pissed as you want it to be but single channel and simple. The Sig: X will get the Deliverance feel but less pissed and more versatile.

JerEvil":rssd2q0r said:
Wayniac3":rssd2q0r said:

Not that redundant honestly. Steve has said on the boards (and to me at NAMM) the Cherry Bomb is definitely not as aggressive in gain or feel as the Bottle Rocket. The Bottle Rocket is also a good "set it and forget it" amp but if you are not a guy that is ok using the volume knob for cleans, the the Cherry bomb with a boost would be perfect. Kind of like the difference between a Fryette Deliverance 120 and a Sig:X.

The Deliverance is as pissed as you want it to be but single channel and simple. The Sig: X will get the Deliverance feel but less pissed and more versatile.

I'm with Jer on the "set and forget" approach. I have found a setting I like so much that I literally haven't touched the knobs for months. It is set in a way that I get just the right amount of gain I need and I clean it up with the guitar volume knob. It's such a killer amp!!

Here is an example of my BR in the room on the setting I love and another example of a professionally created Kemper profile of my Bottle Rocket on my setting (properly mic'ed cab used in creating the profile). it sounds just like this to my ears in the room. That being said...there is nothing like playing the real thing and I am a Kemper fanboy.

crwnedblasphemy":25mt438i said:
Doesn’t the bottle rocket have two different versions?
Steve did a model and classic version when he sent the ones for me and Chad to do demos of and pretty sure the one I own is the "modern". If I am honest I am not sure where that netted out. I will ask Steve.

Thanks guys - the reason I asked is there is a used one locally. I tried it, and even though it's a great price, sounds amazing & is built like a tank, , it's not different enough for me to drop the coin.

It's at GC in Orange CT is anyone is looking... after I passed on it, I walked a guy through all the options - he was pretty impressed with it too.

Seems to be in excellent shape.

JackBootedThug":353zdc19 said:
paulyc":353zdc19 said:
mooncobra":353zdc19 said:
JackBootedThug":353zdc19 said:
i miss steve......sexiest man on rigtalk.....

is he gone from rigtalk?
Yes

don't know why either....if something happened I missed it....
I kind of remember what happened. It was with that jam thread post for submitting a solo to a Ratt song. Won't go in to details but it just went from cool to a downward spiral resulting with Steve exiting and shortly after Mailman is how I remembered it. :no: Sad day for RT.

It went WAY further than that, but I won’t disclose what I know out of respect for Steve and his privacy... Steve is a GREAT guy and it’s a shame what happened.

paulyc":3hyvmwbn said:
It went WAY further than that, but I won’t disclose what I know out of respect for Steve and his privacy... Steve is a GREAT guy and it’s a shame what happened.
He is indeed. We hung at NAMM and had a lovely lunch at Morton's!

paulyc":2rvya4oi said:

ohh the plot thickens.....now i am interested.....

I just went and read that thread. I didn’t see anything in there that was reason for someone to take their toys and go home. It did seem that some dudes where taking the whole thing way too seriously and sucking the fun out of it. Maybe I missed something.

I remember seeing it but didn't read more than the first few posts. Do you have a link handy?

GregM":3mxsey2m said:
I remember seeing it but didn't read more than the first few posts. Do you have a link handy?

Just search Ratt and look for that jam thread. I don’t wanna offend anyone, if I haven’t already, by inquiring further about what happened. Seems it’s easy to rile people up around here these days. :aww:

Mr. Willy":16cwqe1d said:
I just went and read that thread. I didn’t see anything in there that was reason for someone to take their toys and go home. It did seem that some dudes where taking the whole thing way too seriously and sucking the fun out of it. Maybe I missed something.
I think it was right after the "Just woke up..." line that didn't go well with some. It's how I remembered it but then again I could be interpreting it wrong...

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=192150&hilit=ratt&start=50

Back