How to connect: G-System, 2 Preamps and 1 Combo (as a power amp)

PsychoAsset

Hello guys,

first of all: I'm a newbie on this forum. I'm playing guitar vor about 15 years now and for god's sake: I play like I did for online one year. But beside this fact I own a bunch of gear I collected over the years. As my TC G-Force sadly passed away a few days ago (overvoltage I guess, I changed the fuse but still there's no life in it) I'm looking for the perfect replacement. And I want to got with the G-System, because I really loved the sound of the G-Force combined with the opportunity of the "ground control".

Up to now my Rig looked like that:

Guitar --> Bad Horsie Wah --> Boss GT-8 --> Marshall JMP-1 <--> TC G-Force (Effect Loop of the Marshall) => Output via Headphones or the effect return of my old Marshall MG 100 as a power amp / combo. Yeah, I know the MG 100 ain't good, but it's good enough for practice and much more usable than my Marshall 9200 Power Amp and Marshall 4x12 cabinet.

My plan:

I want to kick out my Boss GT-8 that only worked as a volume pedal, solo boost and midi-switch in that setup. I also own a ADA MP-1 with the legendary 3.666 mod (rectifier sound mod).

Here's my question:

Is it possible to use the G-System in a setup like this:

Gutar --> Bad Horsie Wah --> G-System --> 1. Marshall JMP-1 / 2. ADA MP-1 (selected via "left/right mix of the G-System) and then getting 1 Output Signal that I can feed my combo with?

My dream is using different presets in which the preset selects the Preamp I want in there but getting one output feed from the G-System, like an Effect Return "over all"? So that changing the presets (and by that changing the preamps) feels like changing channels/presets on a normal amp? And yes, I know that configuration of the midi-mapping so that one preamp at a time will work while the other has an empty preset might become pain in the. a...

I hope you understand what I mean. My studies of the user manual of the G-System wasn't that helpful so far. If it's not possible to understand what I want to ask let me know and I try to explain it more precisely.

Addition: To use the volume and whammy function I could buy a offered G-System which comes along with 2 Boss Volume/Expression pedals as a bundle.

Back