I don't get some of these Reverb sellers

There's more than one RTer that, when they don't get their way on Reverb or here in the classifieds, seem to have hissy fits about a seller not giving them the 'deal' they wanted.
Pay full price, or move on. Starting a thread about it won't make the seller feel sorry for you. You either buy it, or walk.
It's not hard.

There's more than one RTer that, when they don't get their way on Reverb or here in the classifieds, seem to have hissy fits about a seller not giving them the 'deal' they wanted.
Pay full price, or move on. Starting a thread about it won't make the seller feel sorry for you. You either buy it, or walk.
It's not hard.
Agreed. I'm not wasting time bitching about that crap when FedEx has such a full dance card of fuckery.

You dealt with a simpleton. He was suffering from crippling indecision. It’s the way it is now. Even deciding what to have for breakfast is an enormous achievement for this type of person. And by no means is it a small portion of reverb users, in fact, it’s around 95%. Both buyers and sellers. This is the way now.

You must simply tell this type of person, “hey guy, regain your composure, I wish to make a deal. If not, I will get it elsewhere you infantile ninny.”

This is the way it is now. A de-evolution is seemingly sweeping across humanity.

You dealt with a simpleton. He was suffering from crippling indecision. It’s the way it is now. Even deciding what to have for breakfast is an enormous achievement for this type of person. And by no means is it a small portion of reverb users, in fact, it’s around 95%. Both buyers and sellers. This is the way now.

You must simply tell this type of person, “hey guy, regain your composure, I wish to make a deal. If not, I will get it elsewhere you infantile ninny.”

This is the way it is now. A de-evolution is seemingly sweeping across humanity.
I didn't realize there is now a class of people who can't handle haggling. It's news to me but thanks for the heads up. Sounds like the soy boy army is expanding.

I didn't realize there is now a class of people who can't handle haggling. It's news to me but thanks for the heads up. Sounds like the soy boy army is expanding.

Soy boys to me are ones that make threads with twisted stories complaining they didn’t get something they feel they are entitled to with added personal insults and attacks but what do I know

The flip side are all of the odd buyers. Example: Had a guy make an offer on a pedal I was selling. Messages less than 30 minutes later saying "Got it from Sweetwater instead". The SW price was higher than mine. Couldn't wait 30 minutes?! Isn't the first time something like that has happened. OR you get people just being total jerks for absolutely no reason in messages. IME that comes any time you deal with the general public.

Sounds like he had a minimum price in mind and got tired of you trying to haggle. Just like you didn't care for the way he operated and didn't want to deal with him anymore. Maybe the seller felt the same about you.
Its hard to be trusting on Reverb. Just like the sellers trying to pass off damaged items as brand new, there are as many buyers who will file a claim for damage because there was a fingerprint on the item.
You've created a thread complaining about a seller not wanting to negotiate a price with you. There are threads from sellers complaining about the opposite; buyers trying to lowball or negotiate an even lower price after countering the offer.
Amen.. I typically list below market value, no offers accepted. I still get jackasses messaging me low-ball offers. One offered me $1100 for a Jackson American Series Soloist. Another $1250, another $1350. It's already $300 below market, and the cheapest used one on Reverb, but people just can't resist being obnoxious. I DO ignore offers sent via Messaging. It's listed at my bottom, take it or beat it.

The worst. Those people.

Ever try selling something (or even giving something away) on Facebook ?
I have used Marketplace a few times and have ALWAYS had something negative happen. Even when the people seem cool, they are usually unintentionally or intentionally hiding damage or something like that. I went to meet a guy and hour away for a 'Mint' guitar. Looked good in photos, not mint, but not bad or anything. In person, dings, dents, worn frets.... I said 'What made you think this was mint?" His response - "It has all of the original parts." Fml. Is this even for real? Now, that is not to say it was a bad guitar, an 86 Ibanez Roadstar II MIJ. Basically an AZ series SSS. One of the nicest necks I've played. Definitely Ibanez trying to rip that Fender neck feel but add a touch of their own.

I made a deal at $180, which I really should have fought to drop but after the drive and having the wife and kid doing other things in the area, I went ahead and took it.

I fixed the wiring as well, as the owner did not realize they needed to flip some wires to get rid of their phase issues....

Overall, killer sounding and playing guitar. No real issues. He rounded/filed the fret ends on the treble side and I did OK but I would have preferred he not have done anything at all.

Long story long- Marketplace generally is full of a bunch of trash people with a few decent individuals sprinkled throughout.

Hopefully, I have finally learned my lesson.

Long story long- Marketplace generally is full of a bunch of trash people with a few decent individuals sprinkled throughout.
Agreed. Last deal I did I noticed 9 out of 10 inquiries were either Bots or Mexican (no offense to Mexican people whatsoever). But when I clicked on the profiles, they were literally in Mexico and my ad clearly said NO Shipping. I was selling 4 wheels off my Suburban. The profiles had 0 to very few posts, very few friends if any, and in some cases, had the same photos as the others which led me to believe it was the same person.

I
Agreed. Last deal I did I noticed 9 out of 10 inquiries were either Bots or Mexican (no offense to Mexican people whatsoever). But when I clicked on the profiles, they were literally in Mexico and my ad clearly said NO Shipping. I was selling 4 wheels off my Suburban. The profiles had 0 to very few posts, very few friends if any, and in some cases, had the same photos as the others which led me to believe it was the same person.
Had a guy trade a guitar several years ago that ended up having a repaired crack he did not mention. I brought it up and he started rambling and trying to trash me. Said the guitar I traded wasn't tuned. I told him that if he didn't know how to tune a guitar he was a compete fking moron and I hope to never meet him again.

People suck, use a platform designed for selling. May pay a bit more but damn you don't get the trouble and flack of selling elsewhere.

Another reason to become a hoarder. Buy all and sell none. If you have to have it… fuck it-just buy it. Rare and good things are typically expensive.

I tried Facebook Marketplace ONCE. It lasted one day. Every low-life and heathen possible messaged me. Low-ballers, idiots, scumbags, scammers, all the above. I'll never list an item there again. Worse than Craigslist.

Another reason to become a hoarder. Buy all and sell none. If you have to have it… fuck it-just buy it. Rare and good things are typically expensive.
I have learned this with time and experience. People can tell you but learning first hand teaches like no other.

I tried Facebook Marketplace ONCE. It lasted one day. Every low-life and heathen possible messaged me. Low-ballers, idiots, scumbags, scammers, all the above. I'll never list an item there again. Worse than Craigslist.
I've had great luck buying and selling on craigslist. Dozens of items from gear to tools to animals. Met some cool people too.

Amen.. I typically list below market value, no offers accepted. I still get jackasses messaging me low-ball offers. One offered me $1100 for a Jackson American Series Soloist. Another $1250, another $1350. It's already $300 below market, and the cheapest used one on Reverb, but people just can't resist being obnoxious. I DO ignore offers sent via Messaging. It's listed at my bottom, take it or beat it.
Extreme low ball offers are so offensive. I’ve even had a few on rigtalk.

Item price 1455

I offer 1100

He declines and drops item price to 1400.

I offer 1200.

He let's it expire

I offer 1250

1325 is his counbter offer

I ask to meet in the middle. Answer: no

1250 declined

I make new offer of 1325 and he let's it expire

So I made four offers. I don't see that as excessive.

Only explanation is the seller is greedy and dimwitted. He looks dimwitted in his picture.
You showed with that many offers that you really want the item, so my guess is the seller knew that and figured you would eventually come up to $1400 and get tired of the offers. They guessed wrong, but when you do that many offers, you let the seller know that you are hooked. Whoever is less invested in the sale has the power in these negotiations.

Back