I finally get it

srinivassa

Why so many people have monterous rack rigs here. Why I see such hair-splitting fervor over things like power amps and DI's. I'm on "RIG-talk." That's what I'm just piecing together now.

Flame away of course, duh. Sorry for all my 'duh' posts on rack units and the like. I obviously don't have one or know much about it. It took a while for that to click. I just come here because it is currently the best board that my workplace doesn't block. That and I always disengratiate myself eventually on any board.

rig talk = rig talk, including racks

rack talk = HRI

rig talk = rig talk/HCAF refugee camp :LOL: :LOL:

Applause-2.gif

Those big racks are overkilling tonesuckers. Nothing but ego inflation. No practical uses. After all, tone is in the fingers, it has nothing to do with the guitar, type of wood the guitar is made from, or what you are plugged into.

Plug straight into your amp and become one with your amp. In a sense, you are an instrument. It's harmonic convergence, man.

axemeaquestion":sbzen3z3 said:
Those big racks are overkilling tonesuckers. Nothing but ego inflation. No practical uses. After all, tone is in the fingers, it has nothing to do with the guitar, type of wood the guitar is made from, or what you are plugged into.

Plug straight into your amp and become one with your amp. In a sense, you are an instrument. It's harmonic convergence, man.
So many false statements in this reply. I don't even have the energy to argue.

glassjaw7":2avrbagw said:
axemeaquestion":2avrbagw said:

So many false statements in this reply. I don't even have the energy to argue.

I recommend you begin an exercise regime to help boost your average energy level. I look forward to reading your response to my initial post when you have completed your program.

I just don't understand how having a versatile rig capable of delivering any tone that comes to mind is related to a player's ego. To me, having that versatility is inspiriational and sparks my creativity. Being stuck with one sound is ok, but eventually the inspiration will run dry.

And yes brother axe, the wood that an instrument is crafted from makes a big difference in the tone. The density and type of the wood can vary the instruments weight, brightness (or lack of), resonance and the overall response of the pickups. I think you know that and you're just trying to stir up some shit.

glassjaw7":3c0k6i6j said:
I just don't understand how having a versatile rig capable of delivering any tone that comes to mind is related to a player's ego. To me, having that versatility is inspiriational and sparks my creativity. Being stuck with one sound is ok, but eventually the inspiration will run dry.

And yes brother axe, the wood that an instrument is crafted from makes a big difference in the tone. The density and type of the wood can vary the instruments weight, brightness (or lack of), resonance and the overall response of the pickups. I think you know that and you're just trying to stir up some shit.

Well, things have been a bit slow here of late, glassy. Your statement about wood may have some validity when discussing acoustic gits, but by the time you run your electric thru that massive tone sucking rig of yours, the wood impact will be negligible.

Pickups do make a difference, but again, no need to continually swap out pickups time after time. Pick one and stick with it.

If you want to noticably change your tone, get some V-picks or a Tonestyler.

axemeaquestion":4g31amyy said:
glassjaw7":4g31amyy said:

Well, things have been a bit slow here of late, glassy. Your statement about wood may have some validity when discussing acoustic gits, but by the time you run your electric thru that massive tone sucking rig of yours, the wood impact will be negligible.

Pickups do make a difference, but again, no need to continually swap out pickups time after time. Pick one and stick with it.

You know, you probably could plug in a keyboard to one of these rigs and get the exact same tone out.

srinivassa":nc66d2mx said:
axemeaquestion":nc66d2mx said:
glassjaw7":nc66d2mx said:

You know, you probably could plug in a keyboard to one of these rigs and get the exact same tone out.

Not likely. Keys are generally run thru full range speaker systems where git cabs are more mid focussed.

But I like the way you think, always trying to incorporate new ideas and getting everyone to shift paradigms.

axemeaquestion":3sntd8ql said:
glassjaw7":3sntd8ql said:

So you could just buy a pair of PU's that you really like, and put them in whatever guitar is around? It would always sound the same?

Back