Ibanez ICWH727 Wes Hauch signature 7 string Iceman

  • Thread starter Thread starter 2dor
  • Start date Start date
Iceman shape is cool but that price is wild.

Doesn’t help that flat transparent grey on flame maple, to me, is like the signature look of every $500 metal guitar, to signify it isn’t the low end model.
 
I'll wait until Chibson starts putting $200 knockoffs on AliExpress.
Hahaha - I once bought a Jim Root Chender of Ali.
The guitar ended up being my #1 after I replaced the electronics on it and gave it a refret.
The bridge pickup cavitiy was routed closer to the bridge which just gives my Black Winter a very tight, percussive yet massive sound and the scale length turned out to be somewhere between 25.5 and 26.5. I only realized it when I wanted to level the frets and my fret spacer wouldn't fit on any side.
 
This guitar is the only thing I’ve wanted Ibanez to do for the last decade and they make it a fucking $10K model.

I’d legit rather invest the time, money and effort into building my own before I dropped $10K on a guitar in one shot.
 
This guitar is the only thing I’ve wanted Ibanez to do for the last decade and they make it a fucking $10K model.

I’d legit rather invest the time, money and effort into building my own before I dropped $10K on a guitar in one shot.
Totally agreed - I just hope they come out with a more affordable model. 7 string 27" Iceman + floating bridge is just a big win.
 
Wes has done a lot of fill-in type stuff over the years, dude pulls off Dimebag like very few can, just a rippin’ metal dude all around. His own band is called Alluvial-


 
Hahaha - I once bought a Jim Root Chender of Ali.
The guitar ended up being my #1 after I replaced the electronics on it and gave it a refret.
The bridge pickup cavitiy was routed closer to the bridge which just gives my Black Winter a very tight, percussive yet massive sound and the scale length turned out to be somewhere between 25.5 and 26.5. I only realized it when I wanted to level the frets and my fret spacer wouldn't fit on any side.
The fit and finish on the Chinese knockoffs is typically pretty good but the frets are always their Achilles's heel. Unless you like high action, you're going to have to file, crown, and polish them at a minimum.
 
The fit and finish on the Chinese knockoffs is typically pretty good but the frets are always their Achilles's heel. Unless you like high action, you're going to have to file, crown, and polish them at a minimum.
For real; I have 2 of them - a Chender and a Chibson. With all the fretwork I had to do on these 2 to get them feeling good, I feel like I could open up a nail salon for a living haha.
 
I'm more impressed by the guy still being with Ibanez.
With that said, the guitar looks regular custom shop cool, not Gibson Murphy cool
 
I had a Charvel with those Jupiter pickups. They're the real deal. Clear, string to string clarity, nice harmonics and tight. Real musical, (slightly like a Full Shred with more teeth).
 
I love Vogg's. His was LA Custom Shop though, I'm sure it was pricey..

EMFcsihX0AEi7LF.jpg
 

Similar threads

Back
Top