Ibanez ICWH727 Wes Hauch signature 7 string Iceman

  • Thread starter Thread starter 2dor
  • Start date Start date
Hahaha - I once bought a Jim Root Chender of Ali.
The guitar ended up being my #1 after I replaced the electronics on it and gave it a refret.
The bridge pickup cavitiy was routed closer to the bridge which just gives my Black Winter a very tight, percussive yet massive sound and the scale length turned out to be somewhere between 25.5 and 26.5. I only realized it when I wanted to level the frets and my fret spacer wouldn't fit on any side.

I have one of those Harley Benton JR look-a-likes, and I love that guitar! I did a fret level and locking tuners, and it is a fun guitar to play!
 
That's what makes the price even more silly; I don't think he's that well known, killer guitar player though, so doubt these will sell big numbers.


probably not, but i cant hate on a dude getting a sig guitar from a company the size of ibanez, good for him
 
I'm honestly pleased to see we have no forum members related to Axe Palace here, trying to convince everyone that price is more than reasonable and the guitar possibly a good investment. Other places are not that peaceful, apparently.
 
I'm honestly pleased to see we have no forum members related to Axe Palace here, trying to convince everyone that price is more than reasonable and the guitar possibly a good investment. Other places are not that peaceful, apparently.
You can pretty much buy a car for that money in some places. Heck, that $ can get me a nice set of used wheels over here.
 
Iceman shape is cool but that price is wild.

Doesn’t help that flat transparent grey on flame maple, to me, is like the signature look of every $500 metal guitar, to signify it isn’t the low end model.
As soon as I saw it I thought it looked like a cheap Indo model.
 
Wes' work with Alluvial, The Faceless, Black Crown Initiate, and The Black Dahlia Murder is stellar. He's seriously a great player.

No matter how great a player though, I can't see paying $9,999.99 for a guitar. Signature model or not.

I'd much rather see a Vogg sig model that the common man can afford!
 
IMG_6569.jpeg


Is it me or does this heel look ass?
 
For real; I have 2 of them - a Chender and a Chibson. With all the fretwork I had to do on these 2 to get them feeling good, I feel like I could open up a nail salon for a living haha.

Yea.. Guitars priced at $10k are just asking to be ripped off on Aliexpress. I grabbed 2 Chibson Explorer customs.. After a fret level, Gibson Tune-o-Matic & Tailpieces, new electronics and tuners you've got absolute workhorse guitars for under $600. Bringing a $4k+ guitar out is a hard pill to swallow, bringing a Chibson or Chender out is easy.

I'd buy the shit out of a Chinese copy of this guitar :D

PXL_20250921_171015148.jpg
 
Last edited:

Similar threads

Back
Top