If you like 80's ... this band still carrying the torch

Yep...the Swedes have it!!

Check out Crashdiet and Hardcore Superstar if you want as well!

Too bad the whole band didn’t go in for the image for the video. The drummer and LP player looked more like they want to be in Black Label Society…lol…Once again Scandinavians keep rock alive. They’ve done it for at least 20 years.

Too bad the whole band didn’t go in for the image for the video. The drummer and LP player looked more like they want to be in Black Label Society…lol…
Agreed.

The bassplayer looked and acted the part tho'; I got the same sleeveless Rising Sun shirt as him. :cool:
Found an old photo from a gig with it (me on the left )
IML36DA.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, these guys have been around for awhile, I really liked them early on. Most modern hair metal for me gets a little too poppy and more late 80's than early-mid 80's when things kind of rocked harder. New Religion from 2010 was a really legit album I think.

My favorite retro take on the genre was De La Cruz, really young guy on guitar who just loved the 80's and was born in the wrong decade, would have fit in perfectly:

Yeah, these guys have been around for awhile, I really liked them early on. Most modern hair metal for me gets a little too poppy and more late 80's than early-mid 80's when things kind of rocked harder. New Religion from 2010 was a really legit album I think.

My favorite retro take on the genre was De La Cruz, really young guy on guitar who just loved the 80's and was born in the wrong decade, would have fit in perfectly:

Yeah - the Aussies really seem to "get it" as well. The US just can't seem to grasp good times music...unless you're into "Bro Country"...

The singer is biting Max Headrooms steezy’
with the cutting edge sunglasses.

On another note, my 1st real guitar…
An Ibanez Triostar with a lone’ JB pickup and
a Kahler bridge.
I bought it in payments from a guitar instructor dude.
Actually, the most legit guitar instructor EVAR.
Genuinely, I don’t gel with guitar instructors but
this man had it all.
Snakeskin boots with road worn Jordache’ jeans tucked in, some sleezy unbuttoned leorpard print shirt and a champion poodle mullet.
So, me & him were worlds apart except we didn’t give a f**k and we were both going for it man.
Burn down the f’n town.

To conclude and to feather my comment into
your 80’s hysteria here, the guitar case for the
Ibanez had the bands name my instructor dude was in, stenciled in pink on both sides
of the guitar case…
“Dirty Trixx”

That guitar was LEGENDARY.. more so for the case, as many dude’s never forgot that shit.
HILARIOUS.

Last edited:

Casey Jones I think is the guitarist. I remember really digging Lust Fame Money.

Crazy Lixx singer sounds like he is the singer from Simple Plan trying to go all rock. That sort of whiney playful little kid thing going on that annoys me. But the band is pretty good vibe wise. I thought Reckless Love did a pretty good job of the polished 80's vibe. But like all things, gets a bit old and they run out of material. Song writing is a tough game. Even the classic bands had some real stinkers lol.

I thought Reckless Love did a pretty good job of the polished 80's vibe. But like all things, gets a bit old and they run out of material.
Agreed!

I loved their song "Take me back to Paradise";

sort of a hybrid of Modern Talking doing their take on "I was made for loving you", with Steve Stevens on guitar... if you catch my drift?

(end of the lead (2m35s and on) is clearly inspired by EVH's "Beat it" solo ).

Btw, just like Crazy Lixx, another band where 2 members don't fit the look. Way too modern/emo looking.

Agreed!

I loved their song "Take me back to Paradise";

sort of a hybrid of Modern Talking doing their take on "I was made for loving you", with Steve Stevens on guitar... if you catch my drift?

(end of the lead (2m35s and on) is clearly inspired by EVH's "Beat it" solo ).

Btw, just like Crazy Lixx, another band where 2 members don't fit the look. Way too modern/emo looking.

Totally! I made a similar comment on that tune a few years ago. That is exactly what I hear as well! Great hooks. Yeah the bass player looks like he is out of place for sure lol.

Back