If you were going to purchase a Kemper, AXEFX, or Synergy gear…

Pretty much depends on the application. For silent stage and covers/wide range of tones, kemper/Ace Fx are great tools especially with IEMs.
Synergy has a way better feel if you don't need a gazillion tones.
All modellers fail miserably next to tube gear side by side, so it's all modellers or tubes.
Even with tube power sections and real cabs, the modellers/profilers sound kinda flat, FRFR next to real amps and cabs, forget it.

Where did you read i am a loyalist? If you have read previous posts

You mean posts like these?

The script of the videos is about the same and mentioning Kemper and Quad Cortex
Then a massive number of suspicious people appear all of sudden saying it is better than or similar to a Quad Cortex.
He is the one who sold his Quad Cortex to stay with ToneX
to make a capture that takes seconds with Quad Cortex alone

Basically in all those threads you participate in, Banned by IK Multimedia, it's about how much you dislike the ToneX while you are defending the Quad Cortex. You portray it in opposition to the bad ToneX pedal. But IK Multimedia didn't overpromise and never deliver with the ToneX pedal but Neural DSP did with the Quad Cortex.

I do not have any agenda, buy it.
Sure.

Last edited:
You mean posts like these?

The references to Quad Cortex and Kemper are made by Ik Multimedia shills themselves, and also people in the context of conversations. I can only speak in context. I have comapred it to Bias FX 2 and Mooer, both inexpensive solutions that are much better than ToneX but it seems you forgot to quote those posts.

You are behaving in a compeltely biased way to prove a pont that comes from your imagination.

The references to Quad Cortex and Kemper are made by Ik Multimedia shills themselves, and also people in the context of conversations. I can only speak in context. I have comapred it several times to Bias FX 2 and Mooer, both inexpensive solutions that are much better than ToneX but it seems you forgot to quote those posts.
I've already explained why you seem like a hypocrite and brand loyalist and I'm not going to again. ToneX pedal actually does what it says on the box while Quad Cortex seems abandoned and still doesn't offer the full functionality that was promised well over 2 years ago but Neural DSP doesn't give a shit about paying customers and is just in it for short term cash grabs. Mooer does something similar actually. Just ask the customers who bought the Ocean Machine and are still begging for necessary bugfixes or are still waiting for the GE Labs plugin or a proper firmware implementation into the GE300. Isn't that relevant when you care that much about overhyping, paid influencer shills and false advertising? It certainly should be!

Last edited:
respectfully decline. all he did was talk for 3/4 of the “review”.
the entire point and the benefit of a youtube demo is we get to hear gear vs. the neanderthal era of just reading a product review.
this whole genre has gone sideways. not ready for on camera personalities, ridiculous faces on the thumbnail with batman “pow” “zap” style graphics. if someone says game changer one more time trying to add sales hype to a review i will hurl.
rant over.
I agree, I spend more time flicking back from clips 5-10sec into it because of some f**kwit in love with himself.

At least the clips that have the face close up with a retarded expression are easy to avoid even opening.

I'm on the fence right now between synergy or a modeller (probably quad) as growth to my diesel vh2 rig.
For what the internets should be able to help with this decision, it's a lot of frustration.

My rant over

Anyone with any experience with Fractal would go Fractal. It's that good. Almost every "anti-Fractal" forum critique I've seen has no experience at all. I've owned just about every non super high gain flavor of the month amp for the past 15yrs or so and the AXE is perfect at what it does

To be fair I've never tried the Synergy stuff but it's proprietary (no one is building new models in 10yrs), tube based (I have that covered), limited routing. no IR support, and stupidly expensive. Non starter. Would have been a great idea in 1998

I use my Synergy rig live, I use my Kemper at home and when a silent stage or going direct is mandatory. I could use my Synergy rig direct, but it's way more fun as an amp!

I vote Kemper. I had an Axe FX II XL for a while. I spent more time tweaking patches then I did playing. With the Kemper, I just loaded in some profiles that sounded good to me and then spend my time actually playing. They track extremely well. They sound great in the band mix live. It feels more like my amp that the Fractal did. It really comes down to work flow though. Both units are killer.

Keith has had an axe III for about a year now homies, old thread. ALSO, once again, the correct answer is the axe fx.
I have seen some axe fx ii's around for pretty decent prices. How far is the drop off from the III and the II? I am a pretty simplistic tone user.

Speaking of Axe, is the III turbo that much better sounding than the II? I’ve owned the II and thought it sounded great but I ultimately sold it to fund for other stuff.

I have seen some axe fx ii's around for pretty decent prices. How far is the drop off from the III and the II? I am a pretty simplistic tone user.

Take this for what it’s worth, I’m pretty snobby like a lot of people here about tone, and I wouldn’t get an axe until the 3 came out. Man I am telling you, that shit is absolutely bonkers. I don’t miss my amps at all with that thing, outside of the amps that aren’t in it in the first place that I own. I will go out on a limb and say the thing is about 100 percent dead on as you can get to the real thing. Not almost, not sort of, 100 percent. The recent updates just continue to make this thing so ridiculously good sounding and usable, it’s a no brainer for me. It’s that good to me. The recto sounds more like a recto than my real recto I feel like lol!

You simply can’t say anything about the 3 and its tones in a negative light. I mean, there’s just no way you can nit pick it, I truly think it’s that good and I get some of the best tones I’ve ever had with it. And that’s just talking about the tones of the specific amp models, let alone everything else about it. The shit is voodoo to me, and when you run it with a sick power amp and a cab, I mean dude I can’t really imagine what else people want out of a modeler for “real” tones. It’s there, end of story.

Back