Kiesel Vader, X or Hyperdrive???

AxeFiend

I'm looking to either get an ESP E-ll Arrow or a Kiesel Vader, X or Hyperbeast. Leaning toward the X or Vader so I can get active pickups. I also like the standard stainless frets on the Kiesel. I like the look of the ESP and Hyperdrive but I don't think actives are an option for the Hyper. The Arrow does come with EMG 81/85's so that is a plus. Anyone who owns these have a preference and why?

I would choose the Vader just on the fact that the other 3 shapes are very polarizing and a lot harder to sell if you should ever want to get rid of it. If I were between an ESP E-II and Kiesel, I'd absolutely buy the Kiesel, though. I haven't really been impress with the E-II line, especially at their now, much higher pricing. MIJ construction is great but I personally wouldn't put those mass produced lines up against a well-spec'd Kiesel.

I would choose the Vader just on the fact that the other 3 shapes are very polarizing and a lot harder to sell if you should ever want to get rid of it. If I were between an ESP E-II and Kiesel, I'd absolutely buy the Kiesel, though. I haven't really been impress with the E-II line, especially at their now, much higher pricing. MIJ construction is great but I personally wouldn't put those mass produced lines up against a well-spec'd Kiesel.
Yeah, I have to agree with you on the better manufacturing by Kiesel. I just love that Arrow but I'm a practical guy so I'm leaning Vader. Thanks

The one that will balance without a stupid fucking counterweight.
Lmao. The counter balance puck is a bit silly but I do like that 80's vibe. I think the lack of actives is a deal breaker for me though. Not because I think they are better but because I've always wanted some 81/85's

Why would you buy a guitar just to be able to sell it easier afterwards...???
The arrow shape is better than the vader or the hyperdrive..
I would get the shape I love...if you like it hard enough, you might never sell it...

Kiesel X is really cool though...

I had the 7-string Vader. I did not find the strings very 'bendy' (stiff playing, which is OK if you don't do much bending). I thought the pickups were mediocre, but I did more hard rock and metal on it. Pickups are better on Solar guitars, and definitely my Majesty.

Back