Kramer guys,what is this & what’s it worth

T

tpruitt

Well-known member
A buddy of mine offered this in a trade.
He got it a year ago with no backstory.
To me it looks like a ‘87 beretta body and ‘88 beretta neck.

What it worth if I try and flip it?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3234.jpeg
    IMG_3234.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3236.jpeg
    IMG_3236.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3235.jpeg
    IMG_3235.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3237.jpeg
    IMG_3237.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
man you just can’t tell what you got with these things. I have a couple sweet ones but the values are all over the place. I was gonna sell or trade them but I got the one out yesterday and it is awesome. Focus 4000… 1986… made by esp for Kramer. Killer guitar…hopefully someone else can help….
 
I found one just like that, but it was White.

I found it at a pawnshop for $120.

I posted it on some forums, and guys said it was basically a partscaster.

The story was that when Kramer went out of business, they just started selling all the parts they had.

Guys bought up the parts and put guitars together.

Anyway that’s what I was told.

As far as its worth, I don’t really know.
 
Last edited:
We need a kramer connaisseur in here. I wonder if that neck is from a pacer?
I have a kramer 300st guitar that has an aftermarket banana headstock neck on it. The body is plywood but it sounds awesome. Plays like butter.
Screenshot_20261009_113018_Gallery.jpg
 
Last edited:
Agreed, that does look like a partscaster like Geo just said, presumably a Focus 1000 (or JK1000) body and an American neck. Both made by ESP. So it presumably plays and sounds a lot better than what it´s worth, and it´s not a good candidate for flipping.
 
Some additional context in Kramer land,

a "B" Serial plate with 5 digits will never be a USA Kramer unless its a mutt/unoriginal, parts. Those neckplates, like in this case with 5 digits will say "Neptune, New Jersey" but do not indicate "made in" (not that the "American" series was made in USA either, but thats a different animal).

a B- plate 4 digit "USA" wood neck Kramer would be early. Beak neck. Maybe even strathead. Those pointy headstocks, especially with that logo (the big font Pyramid logo) would be more of a late E plate (E plates did extend into 5 digits, but not like E99999, it went up to around E12000-ish) or F- plate.

Off the top of my head, to my recollection C-plates may have said "Made in USA", I've only had one C-plate Kramer, and that was almost 20 years ago. Those would be beaks and Bananas, headstock wise.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top