Lack of big names?

Wow, Fishman has a "fluff" pickup? WTF. I have no problems with Fluff, but what has he done to create original music? Does he have a best selling album? Did he create his own guitar style that sets him apart from everyone else? Do he have an original guitar sound / tone? I hope he's getting paid....
I wanted to buy a Fishman humbucker. I threw it out of the cart. Every time I would look at it, I would think of Fluff, his morose face and boring sound.

In the context of their ability to generate product sales among consumers - yes, youtubers have similar push to what the best guitar players had in their time.
The reach of the internet today versus physical media/word of mouth in the past means people with less playing skill can get as much or more exposure than the best of the best from days gone by. The modern youtubers also posit their channels as places to go to find gear, so they're already catering to any potential buyers with the nature of their content.

I don’t understand why this is so hard for people here to understand?

Did rockstars not have vhs lesson tapes back in the day? Do I not remember in store appearances where they would get paid to go shill for products the same way guys do now on youtube?? Were there not ads in magazines pumping gear we all knew damn well they weren’t playing??

These guys are really driving some of you insane to the point it’s not healthy lol
:) Maybe it seems like that, but it's not my case. I simply try to avoid any contact with some of them, whether it is video, music, merch, or signature PU

New players get posted all the time here only to be compared to 1985 and dismissed as shit
Are any of them doing signature gear or a name that would be useful to sell gear ?

I know there is plenty of good musicians around. I'm thinking more the market angle.

D14CE447-752D-4AF9-8E05-1E164691150A.gif

Guitar, piano, violin, brass, and a bunch of other instruments are dying a slow death, musically speaking.

The majority of kids can't do basic math past 8th grade level upon graduating from a public high school.

Learn how to play guitar, piano, violin, or a saxophone...

nobody-got-time-for-that-a-intnobody-got-time-for-that.gif

Name a "big" US Rock/Metal/Alt band that has come up in the last ten years to sell out stadiums... I'll be waiting...

Would Greta Van Fleet qualify? I don't even know where they're from. I don't even know if they sellout stadiums but imagine pretty close. I don't even like them.

There is nothing anyone can do to wow me on the guitar anymore. It's all been done.

fluff ain’t done shir but has a YouTube fandom that will buy his shit . It’s a new era . Time moving forward making changes . It’s just marketing to where there’s a need .

Would Greta Van Fleet qualify? I don't even know where they're from. I don't even know if they sellout stadiums but imagine pretty close. I don't even like them.

There is nothing anyone can do to wow me on the guitar anymore. It's all been done.

Not stadium big but they are def a big band

Back