Lack of big names?

Because most of the new players that get posted are shit tbh
YsXuJHj.jpg

And then came the chugga chugga shit, nobdy knows how to play lead guitar
I’d argue the chugga chugga boys are overwhelmingly generic with their rhythm playing. Cool and unique chord voicings were replaced with low E chugga chugga at some point. Somehow the concept of melody has been lost. Perhaps because not many people take the time to learn songs outside of their genre.

This is the best thread! Really funny stuff!

I love how when Periphery came out, then everyone wanted to sound like Periphery.
Now Polyphia comes out, and everybody wants egregious neck tattoos.................trends are funny 😁

I believe the final death knell for rock stars died with rebellion. No matter what side of the argument anyone feels doesn’t matter, the fact that no rock/metal bands (that I know if at least) took a rebellious stand against anything (lockdowns, masking, vaccines, wars, etc…), was shocking to me. Attitude, rebellion, giving the finger to the government and group think was such a big part of it.
If there are bands I missed, please let me know, would be happy to be wrong.

I have no issue with YouTubers making a living, don’t know where guitar would be without it. I appreciate the information and entertainment.

This is the best thread! Really funny stuff!

I love how when Periphery came out, then everyone wanted to sound like Periphery.
Now Polyphia comes out, and everybody wants egregious neck tattoos.................trends are funny 😁
I want to sound like egregious neck tattoo
It's a sure sign to identify someone who's on a verge of cutting his dick off.

And then came the chugga chugga shit, nobdy knows how to play lead guitar

death metal bands are basically solo's for the whole song :dunno: besides, its much more fun replacing some shitty solo with a brutal mosh part thats gonna turn the dance floor into a kung fu frenzy while people are jumping off the stage from a running start. i love superman'ing off monitors six rows deep

I believe the final death knell for rock stars died with rebellion. No matter what side of the argument anyone feels doesn’t matter, the fact that no rock/metal bands (that I know if at least) took a rebellious stand against anything (lockdowns, masking, vaccines, wars, etc…), was shocking to me. Attitude, rebellion, giving the finger to the government and group think was such a big part of it.

kid rock did

The riff has been killed by the chug.
The singing guitar note? Replaced by the chug.
The well structured rhythm swallowed whole by....you guessed it,the chug.
Why you ask?
Because everybody can chug.
And the chugging breakdown is often the most brutal/heavy/mosh-able part of most metal songs.
It's all Ola's fault.

Are any of them doing signature gear or a name that would be useful to sell gear ?

I know there is plenty of good musicians around. I'm thinking more the market angle.

mastodon have signature friedmans, Bulb has a signature 5150, Gojira have all sorts of signature stuff, tons of guys have signature guitars and pickups and everything else, they are just mostly death/djent guys no one here listens to

Signature gear is about sales, and YouTubes are pulling in better numbers than most newschool musicians these days. Entertainment has changed.

i know i get super pumped when my phone lights up with that notification of a new video from Spectresoundstudio, especially one with controversial titles, i know thats 15 minutes on my treadmill im gonna be entertained waiting to see if the title is true or not. i have this one on cue for tomorrow morning

Back