Looking through the classifieds……

Norton666

Jesus Murphy! It seems as if everyone is finding the highest price they can find online and kickin er up an extra 20%. Keep in mind, I’m an old school forum trader/seller from back in the Harmony Central days, but it feels like it used to be a place to connect with other musicians, make friends, and everyone hooked each other up and kept in touch. I’ve met a ton of wonderful people on all of the forums over the years, and I am beyond grateful. WE the musicians set the market value, not the brass. How do we get back to being a community of friends who sell/trade/Hook each other up and know that when the time comes, your musician brother/sister will be there to reciprocate? End of rant. Riff!

I agree with your sentiment but we don’t control the money supply or overall demand. I think a majority of sellers here aren’t demanding premium prices nor are the buyers compared to places like reverb. Most people here just want and get fair prices both ways in my opinion. Doubtful we will ever get back to the days of $400 marshalls and $2000 mark 3 coliseums (please god someone sell me one). When people can’t afford to eat or live, gear will probably be the first thing to go at bargain prices.

Actually I have seen some decent deals compared to reverb. Great deal on a set of wgs bl80 speakers for example and no affiliation with that one.

I think it’s been pretty good here actually, I’ve seen quite a few listings that are too high which the price police promptly went in to control the situation. I also don’t think the daily threads complaining about used prices are helping other than to encourage more people to join in on the party.

Jesus Murphy! It seems as if everyone is finding the highest price they can find online and kickin er up an extra 20%. Keep in mind, I’m an old school forum trader/seller from back in the Harmony Central days, but it feels like it used to be a place to connect with other musicians, make friends, and everyone hooked each other up and kept in touch. I’ve met a ton of wonderful people on all of the forums over the years, and I am beyond grateful. WE the musicians set the market value, not the brass. How do we get back to being a community of friends who sell/trade/Hook each other up and know that when the time comes, your musician brother/sister will be there to reciprocate? End of rant. Riff!
I've noticed a lot of postings look like the seller went through Reverb, found the highest price that item has ever sold for, and threw a few hundred on top of that. As if we browse this forum without the internet and have no idea of what things sell for. I don't even bother making offers to people like that.

Back