Lynch Mob

Yep, they opened for Dio on Last in Line. Great concert! Also saw them open for BOC on Breakin the Chains. Don played gtr too. It was cool.
I love BOC. If that was the Fire Of Unknown Origin tour, that had to be a great show . Buck is one of my all time favorites.
I’ve seen some footage of early Dokken with Don playing guitar. He was solid. Sounded good with 2 guitars in the band.

Sometimes the answers can be found in the pictures and videos we have. We'd all agree this is the sound because these are from those studio sessions. Two SLO's on the rack and the purple Pittman Marshall in the background turned on. So just date the cabs and you will get the idea. Hell it could even be a JB or JB2 in that axe. But not a stretch to assume it is a blend of SLO and Marshall. I'd also guess that the Marshall is pushed by TS or SD-1. Chorus to taste. What a tone though. What playing too, he wasn't the best virtuoso but he was unique and wrote some killer riffs. Lynch Mob just had so much cool swing to it than Dokken did. I like Dokken enough to listen to it for his leads but it sounds way cheesier and predictable and I hate Mick Browns drumming. Lame as $hit. Lamo Bonham fills and the production always sucked. The first two Lynch Mob albums are great. Dare I even say " classics". They hold up now when you crank them. If you listen to the last few minutes of the vid where George jams, that might be the Marshall through a fane type speaker because I have his eminence super V and they really crunch up and accentuate the highs like that.

Fanes are such a different sound than the Celestion. Expensive, but the old ones were so good. Gilmour, Lynch, Townsend. What more needs to be said?

I actually got a chance to ask George what he used when we saw them at the TradeWinds on the Jersey shore when the album 1st came out. He was coming up from backstage and when I asked his reply was "We used a bunch of stuff for the record". My next question was I hear SLO in there? and he replied with "Oh yea, and a Marshall too". His "Oh Yea" comment was more like an "of course" rather than "oh, I remember" and he was walking past as we were talking so it was like a 30 second exchange for what its worth. LOL I do think the Marshall he was referring to was that modded one he raved about.

Funny cause that was the best sounding show I've heard him play live, and I remember our little exchange.. but I cant remember for the life of me what amps he used that night!!! Doh!! LOL

He used to have website that told what he used for each recording starting with Tooth n Nail

I love BOC. If that was the Fire Of Unknown Origin tour, that had to be a great show . Buck is one of my all time favorites.
I’ve seen some footage of early Dokken with Don playing guitar. He was solid. Sounded good with 2 guitars in the band.
Im not even sure what tour it was, they had a giant Godzilla head behind the drums 81-82 tour I think. One of my first concerts. BOC is still one of my favorites.

Back