Mammoth WVH

Singing isn't easy - and singing live, playing guitar at the same time, and putting on a show is a bitch. Wolfie's live vocals are incredibly consistent - the dude's pitch is fantastic and he's sticking all of those notes. Props to him.

He's got his father's picking hand, for sure. No reason why his music shouldn't be in regular rotation on radio. Is there a radio station that plays new music? Sorry... I'm old.

Last edited:
In some ways, he exceeds his dad. I thought Ed was bullshitting about his level of talent... I was wrong.

It would be an interesting rig rundown since he is a Van Halen.
When I saw Mammoth in Cleveland he was using a 6L6 50 watt 5150 3, the "lead" guitarist was using the 50 watt Stealth and the 3rd guitarist was using a 50 watt EL34 5150 3. They were all using one 4x12 apiece. Seemed to be a pretty simple set up with a few pedals. Wolfgang primarily used what appeared to be Gibson 335 type guitars.

Reactions: Geo
When I saw Mammoth in Cleveland he was using a 6L6 50 watt 5150 3, the "lead" guitarist was using the 50 watt Stealth and the 3rd guitarist was using a 50 watt EL34 5150 3. They were all using one 4x12 apiece. Seemed to be a pretty simple set up with a few pedals. Wolfgang primarily used what appeared to be Gibson 335 type guitars.
Of all the the EVH amps, I prefer the original 50w 3 head myself. No EVH guitars?

He is a massively guy. The album is solid. To be honest, I am glad that he is not trying to sound or play just like his dad.
I concur, but he does own the EVH brand now, I would think he would want to promote his own product.

I hope he forgoes promoting anything, and focuses on his music. Christ... I'm surprised we don't see EVH tennis shoes.

He posted a pic on Instagram before rehearsals for the GnR tour, he was using a small pedal board Ed had sitting around, said he didnt have time to put something together and just grabbed that one...

He doesn't need a pedalboard, not with talent such as his. If you can sing and play, you've got it licked.

I hope he forgoes promoting anything, and focuses on his music. Christ... I'm surprised we don't see EVH tennis shoes.
I’ll just leave these right here:
FC070646-3457-4513-8EA6-FFBEA2381683.jpg

Back