Mark Cameron is putting out some feelers boys!

  • Thread starter Thread starter PurityS.L.G
  • Start date Start date
I just don't get it. Don't people hear the great Marshall mods out now? The secrets are all out. Why even fuck with Cameron, other than being some clown who just wants something nobody else has? It's puzzling.
There is some really funny shit in this thread. Honestly, I played the Cameron CCV at the amp show and I can tell you that while it sounded very good, it's not above some of the great amps we have available now and are discussed often here at the board. That said, the CCV did "feel" amazing to play...hard to describe, but fairly unique and special in that regard.
 
There is some really funny shit in this thread. Honestly, I played the Cameron CCV at the amp show and I can tell you that while it sounded very good, it's not above some of the great amps we have available now and are discussed often here at the board. That said, the CCV did "feel" amazing to play...hard to describe, but fairly unique and special in that regard.
I get it back in 2002 when "the magic and mystery" was still there. But come on. There are guys in this thread that could build you that amp, and you'd actually get it. The smoke and mirrors are just gone.
 
I think Mark C. still has a chance to make it right and fix this situation, and it hinges on him licensing the Cameron name and some tweaks/designs to (1) Synergy and/or (2) one of the plug in/Neural folks, etc.

1. Partner with Synergy to let them release Cameron CCV modules and negotiate his cut from that.

2. Partner with Neural, or whoever, on a plug in CCV and negotiate his cut from that.

3. Get a pro bono or low cost attorney or finance person to help set up a community fund/trust for all the people who got screwed here. - they know who they are.

4. Designate/a percentage of MC’s cut of the sales of the products from 1&2 above via a withholding agreement into the trust until everyone is refunded/made whole.

5. MC moves on, the financial trust is dissolved, he continues to collect $$ from Synergy and Neural, etc. passive income.

6. He does what he wants at that point and the debt is repaid.
 
The most pathetic part, other than our forum members getting screwed, is that Mark could literally hand over his schematic to someone like Dave Friedman and let him take care of it like he did with the Jose. But he would never give that up.
It's 2026 and the "secret sauce" ain't so secret anymore. It's all documented in most DIY communities at this point. You want a Cameron Jose or a Fortin Jose or a Friedman Jose or a Gower or Jose Jose or whatever... most techs who know what they're doing can get it done in a few days. There are certainly some subtle nuances like filtering and voltage tuning that matter, but the meat and potatoes of the circuit are pretty straightforward.

You want a pissed-off Jose mod? I can do it in about 2 days for you if you have a suitable donor amp. Easy peasy meeedley meedley.
 
Last edited:
It's 2026 and the "secret sauce" ain't so secret anymore. It's all documented in most DIY communities at this point. You want a Cameron Jose or a Fortin Jose or a Friedman Jose or a Gower or Jose Jose or whatever... most techs who know what they're doing can get it done in a few days. There are certainly some subtle nuances like filtering and voltage tuning that matter, but the meat and potatoes of the circuit are pretty straightforward.

You want a pissed-off Jose mod? I can do it in about 2 days for you if you have a suitable donor amp. Easy peasy meeedley meedley.
Mark doesn't have schematics or set in stone type mods. He'll continually swap caps,resistors etc,etc on any given amp until it measures up to what he's trying to attain. And then goop the shit out of it..lol!! ;)
 
It's 2026 and the "secret sauce" ain't so secret anymore. It's all documented in most DIY communities at this point. You want a Cameron Jose or a Fortin Jose or a Friedman Jose or a Gower or Jose Jose or whatever... most techs who know what they're doing can get it done in a few days. There are certainly some subtle nuances like filtering and voltage tuning that matter, but the meat and potatoes of the circuit are pretty straightforward.

You want a pissed-off Jose mod? I can do it in about 2 days for you if you have a suitable donor amp. Easy peasy meeedley meedley.
I’m sure at this point most people know what you’re capable of. I wish you all the best success. I’ve said it myself that most people can do it themselves with a soldering iron and less than 50 dollars in parts. You can pay 50k for a pre pro Charvel with black and yellow paint plus parts along with a brass bridge or just put it together with a Musikraft neck and body plus parts for under 2k. Why pay 200k for a Dumble you can get a you know who’s for half that.

I think it’s funny that most of these fly by night amp modders can’t or haven’t spent any time actually diagnosing or fixing amps themselves yet people will send them their amps to “mod”. In fact I’m not naming names but I saw one of these guys posting a thread on how to mount a chassis to a virgin head shell that hasn’t been drilled before because it was the first time they were doing it. This was a “seasoned modder” that’s been doing mods for years. When I see these guys commanding five to six figures I’ll give them the respect they’re do and I’ll be impressed.
 
I think Mark C. still has a chance to make it right and fix this situation
The evidence suggests Mark isn't looking for a way to fix this, he's looking for a way to get more free amps because people keep sending them to him, and don't even seem to call the cops/DA when he takes them. If he can get someone to also send in a little drug money with the amp he doesn't seem to be opposed to that either.
 
How many years has it been since this fiasco started? It's time the people who were wronged accept the fact they're never getting an amp, they're never getting money, they aren't EVH, and no diode clipping Marshall mod will ever make them look great in tight, animal-print Lycra.
My entire belief system is now collapsed... next you're going to tell me EVH didn't have a fully modified Jose Marshall for Van Halen 1...
 
I’m sure at this point most people know what you’re capable of. I wish you all the best success. I’ve said it myself that most people can do it themselves with a soldering iron and less than 50 dollars in parts. You can pay 50k for a pre pro Charvel with black and yellow paint plus parts along with a brass bridge or just put it together with a Musikraft neck and body plus parts for under 2k. Why pay 200k for a Dumble you can get a you know who’s for half that.

I think it’s funny that most of these fly by night amp modders can’t or haven’t spent any time actually diagnosing or fixing amps themselves yet people will send them their amps to “mod”. In fact I’m not naming names but I saw one of these guys posting a thread on how to mount a chassis to a virgin head shell that hasn’t been drilled before because it was the first time they were doing it. This was a “seasoned modder” that’s been doing mods for years. When I see these guys commanding five to six figures I’ll give them the respect they’re do and I’ll be impressed.
So do you know where everyones stolen amps actually are?
 
I’m sure at this point most people know what you’re capable of. I wish you all the best success. I’ve said it myself that most people can do it themselves with a soldering iron and less than 50 dollars in parts. You can pay 50k for a pre pro Charvel with black and yellow paint plus parts along with a brass bridge or just put it together with a Musikraft neck and body plus parts for under 2k. Why pay 200k for a Dumble you can get a you know who’s for half that.

I think it’s funny that most of these fly by night amp modders can’t or haven’t spent any time actually diagnosing or fixing amps themselves yet people will send them their amps to “mod”. In fact I’m not naming names but I saw one of these guys posting a thread on how to mount a chassis to a virgin head shell that hasn’t been drilled before because it was the first time they were doing it. This was a “seasoned modder” that’s been doing mods for years. When I see these guys commanding five to six figures I’ll give them the respect they’re do and I’ll be impressed.

1786586689585.png

1786586723865.png

1786587790638.png

1786587981573.png



Who's impressed by fives and sixes? Thousands of customers at sixes and sevens for half a century is a lot better. Dumble sounds expensive until you find out about Kondo; the audio silversmith.
 
Mark doesn't have schematics or set in stone type mods. He'll continually swap caps,resistors etc,etc on any given amp until it measures up to what he's trying to attain. And then goop the shit out of it..lol!! ;)

I've seen the inside of many of his amps. There isn't a lot that gets changed from amp to amp if we're talking the same "mod". You have to change some resistors here or there to get specific voltages on the B+ rail. That's par for the course. You have to change the slope resistor value or treble cap value here or there to get the right sound, but again... that's no big deal. Literally any tech that isn't paint by numbers can do this stuff. The client tells you what sound they want and you should be able to tweak a circuit to get there. This stuff is not hard. It's not super secret. It's not magical. There are literally books written on how to do this stuff step by step. All you need to do is read and bust out the soldering iron.

And furthermore, if you know the hows and whys of circuit design, none of this stuff is a mystery. Only paint-by-numbers guys blindly follow schematics. If you know what each part of the circuit does and why it does what it does, you can voice and tune it to sound however you want. This stuff isn't rocket science. There's only so many ways to skin a dual triode and in the context of a 3-stage diode clipping Marshall circuit, there's nothing new under the sun so far.
 
I’m sure at this point most people know what you’re capable of. I wish you all the best success. I’ve said it myself that most people can do it themselves with a soldering iron and less than 50 dollars in parts. You can pay 50k for a pre pro Charvel with black and yellow paint plus parts along with a brass bridge or just put it together with a Musikraft neck and body plus parts for under 2k. Why pay 200k for a Dumble you can get a you know who’s for half that.

I think it’s funny that most of these fly by night amp modders can’t or haven’t spent any time actually diagnosing or fixing amps themselves yet people will send them their amps to “mod”. In fact I’m not naming names but I saw one of these guys posting a thread on how to mount a chassis to a virgin head shell that hasn’t been drilled before because it was the first time they were doing it. This was a “seasoned modder” that’s been doing mods for years. When I see these guys commanding five to six figures I’ll give them the respect they’re do and I’ll be impressed.

I literally have no clue how to properly drill a head shell for a chassis that has blind holes. I've tried it. The holes are never right haha. I need to get one of those small, right-angle drills. But thankfully, I know how to use a soldering iron and I stay away from epoxy... ;)

I'll also say I've had job offers from a few well-known, boutique amp companies, which I've turned down. Not my thing. I have a real job and amp building/modding is only a hobby. It just irks me to see all this drama and BS over things that really aren't all that mysterious.

If someone wants a great sounding Jose mod, they shouldn't have to fork over $5,000, multiple years of waiting, and crossing their fingers that an amp eventually shows up at their doorstep. It really only takes a couple of days to mod an amp.
 
Last edited:
I’m sure at this point most people know what you’re capable of. I wish you all the best success. I’ve said it myself that most people can do it themselves with a soldering iron and less than 50 dollars in parts. You can pay 50k for a pre pro Charvel with black and yellow paint plus parts along with a brass bridge or just put it together with a Musikraft neck and body plus parts for under 2k. Why pay 200k for a Dumble you can get a you know who’s for half that.

I think it’s funny that most of these fly by night amp modders can’t or haven’t spent any time actually diagnosing or fixing amps themselves yet people will send them their amps to “mod”. In fact I’m not naming names but I saw one of these guys posting a thread on how to mount a chassis to a virgin head shell that hasn’t been drilled before because it was the first time they were doing it. This was a “seasoned modder” that’s been doing mods for years. When I see these guys commanding five to six figures I’ll give them the respect they’re do and I’ll be impressed.
Probably because they actually deliver product to their customers. I’d much rather have an electronics tech reaching out for help with headshell mounting, than a “guru” taking my amp and disappearing into a drug haze or whatever Cameron does.

You know the guy and can reach out to him. What happened to guys amps and was Mark Cameron a drug addict? Is that why he is as he is? I’ve never seen it established where this guy is, what he does now to pay bills, etc. Just another amp mystery builder. I’ve never personally heard anything so special about them. Never heard of him repenting. Nothing.
 
5 pages of deja vu. Seems like the forum is going around in circles these days talking about the same old scammer. Oh well, forewarned is forearmed.
 
Back
Top