Master Effects PMEQ...Master of Puppets studio EQ pedal

I don’t know, that sounds pretty harsh to me. It could be the recording though. They guys an awesome player and gets a lot of different tones but they all sound very thin and bright usually.

Has anyone gotten theirs yet? I have one on order which I’m looking forward to use with my mark amps. :)

For me, IR’s are a back end EQ device.
With no real life device in front of you…
The Emperess EQ pedal is killer.
I could see this pedal demonstrated here being very useful with a ++.
Especially after what the ++ does to the midrange
frequencies of the 2C sound & feel.
I can hear this pedal adding another level of fine tuneage’ to the already amazing sound.

Bump! Who got their PMEQ, and what did you think?

Best live tone I've gotten so far is with a Mark and the Empress ParaEQ, which was awesome, however a little digital sounding. I generally prefer PEQ to GEQ and am looking for a pedal that's more organic.

I got one. Sounds great!

I still haven’t used mine with my iic++ yet though. That’s really what I bought it for.

Psychodave made a separate thread with clips. Check that out.

Bump! Who got their PMEQ, and what did you think?

Best live tone I've gotten so far is with a Mark and the Empress ParaEQ, which was awesome, however a little digital sounding. I generally prefer PEQ to GEQ and am looking for a pedal that's more organic.
That was my problem as well with the Empress ParaEQ. Very clinical sounding with ugly tonal artifacts (maybe what you meant by digital). My vintage rack PQ's sent them packing. At the time it was my Furman PQ3, but sold it because of others. I might have to give this PMEQ a shot in the future

Got mine yesterday. I like it. A lot. Immediately the tone is more impressive to me than the Empress was, took me about 5 minute but I dialed in a super visceral, chewy & grindy IIC+ "tone in my head". Going back & forth with the GEQ is no comparison for "that" sound. Will for sure do a demo soon.

Got mine yesterday. I like it. A lot. Immediately the tone is more impressive to me than the Empress was, took me about 5 minute but I dialed in a super visceral, chewy & grindy IIC+ "tone in my head". Going back & forth with the GEQ is no comparison for "that" sound. Will for sure do a demo soon.
The tone it gives is so pleasant. Adds a little familiar grind to the sound as well. I really like what it does.

I kinda wish the mid knob could add or subtract to the sound. Might make it that much better. 🤷

Back