Max Ostro is that guy

I remember going down the Max rabbit hole a few years ago.

That famous "contest" clip from 3 years ago, which was his best solo IMHO, took many takes to get right, so he is human after all.

Here 'tis. Haven't listened to all his latest uploads, but it was by far my fave at the time:

M
I remember going down the Max rabbit hole a few years ago.

That famous "contest" clip from 3 years ago, which was his best solo IMHO, took many takes to get right, so he is human after all.

Here 'tis. Haven't listened to all his latest uploads, but it was by far my fave at the time:

My fav

I couldn’t listen to that kind of stuff for long-term listening but it’s so damn impressive. That’s what I really call taking electric guitar to the next level. I may be stuck in Angus and Iommi land spiritually but that stuff is pretty amazing. I’ll still be listening to AC/DC, live extended solos forever though. Most of it is, I need a fun song with hopefully some good riffage and vocals. It’s why I’ll still put Gary Moore above most, even now, because he wrote great rock songs, sang very well and just happened to tear a new asshole into a guitar as well.
Overall these new players are obviously obsessed with guitar and that is a good thing. Hopefully they inspire more youngsters to do the same.

thats the thing with this guy, tim, guthrie and the like for me.. im in awe for the minute and a half watching but i have no itch at all to go back and listen again, i really wish it wasnt the case but it just is.
They just need a frontman . If any of these stellar guys get a band it would be incredible. But they get ego fed on YouTube and don’t realize what getting a good singer could do for them

Same with the math-rock stuff like Scale the Summit and Animals as Leaders.
Brilliant, mesmerizing, jaw dropping, inspiring, etc.

But for plain enjoyment I'd rather listen to Beggar's Banquet.

The only thing is Max looks like the first kid I would look for if Mr. Whiskers went missing.

Back