MESA Boogie Strategy goes silent after turning on

Markedman

My Strategy 400 amp makes sound for split second when I first turn it on from standby and then silent. Not tubes, I've tried that. Goes in on Wednesday for a look by my tech.

My strategy 500 did that,
Turned out to be the switch.
The tech said it was a 2 pole switch so he just hooked it up to the other side and it worked.

rickenbacker198":d8h7djyd said:
My strategy 500 did that,
Turned out to be the switch.
The tech said it was a 2 pole switch so he just hooked it up to the other side and it worked.
That would be great if it were that simple.

The tech kept saying next week, next week, next week, too weak for me so I called him and said I am coming to pick it up, un-fixed. Hopefully he'll call back.

To him it's just glass and metal, I've had dreams where I'm using the amp, my soul is in there somewhere. After watching the Jerry Cantrell video, I'm the guy he talks about, the one where even if I did not "make it" I'd still would be playing every day trying to improve.

Switch. I once owned a '87 Silver Jubilee head, with one stand-by switch wire that wasn't soldered. It was threaded through the terminal, folded-over. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. I found it by switching the amp on/off in the dark; as it would arc when I actuated the switch.

Well I got it back and got mother fucked on the deal. I'm not sure what was wrong with it but I paid dearly. Trying to not keep this resentment, It's like lighting myself on fire and hoping he dies of smoke inhalation!

I sent it in with great tubes that I tested and he "threw them out" ! Thank God I took the STR 415's out first, but the 425, 440, & 447 MESA tubes in it were 80% +. 12 of them! 2 hours labor over 4 months in the shop!!!!!! At least I pull the Quad pre amp before he got to that, which I fixed myself with deoxit.

Markedman":305l0mpf said:
Well I got it back and got mother fucked on the deal. I'm not sure what was wrong with it but I paid dearly. Trying to not keep this resentment, It's like lighting myself on fire and hoping he dies of smoke inhalation!

I sent it in with great tubes that I tested and he "threw them out" ! Thank God I took the STR 415's out first, but the 425, 440, & 447 MESA tubes in it were 80% +. 12 of them! 2 hours labor over 4 months in the shop!!!!!! At least I pull the Quad pre amp before he got to that, which I fixed myself with deoxit.
But now you have a rocking Strategy amp! :thumbsup:

Markedman":1mhovkle said:
The rig is incredible, best ever!
Couple that power amp with a Quad preamp, and you have the last high-gain rig you will ever need. I sold mine because I'm, well... stupid.

Back