Mesa Boogie

View attachment 133153

STRAIGHT OUTTA 1990 BABY!

previously owned more than one of the following: quad, mark I, IIa, IIB, IIB coli, III's at least one of each stripe, 2 blue stripe colis, probably a dozen various mark IV's of each revision, mark V, 1 ractofier (got stolen), 8-10 various dual, single, triple rectos, tremoverbs, rectoverbs, 2 roadsters (Combo and head). 2 blue angels, 3 mavericks, a triaxis, 50/50's, 2:90's, recto power amp, stilletto ace, stilletto 2x12 combo, dc-5, .50 caliber+, .22 caliber+, and a mini recto. i think thats it without going through all my photos. I gear flipped pretty heavily in the 2000's.
sonofashoe salesman!
that’s quite a stroll down the annals of petaluma!

Many Boogies over the years. Bold = still have:

Amps:
Blue Angel (3), CA Tweed, DC-3, Mark I HRG, Mark IIA SRG, Mark IIB HRG, Mark IIB+ HRG, Mark IIB KRG, Mark IIB>C+/++ DRG, Mark IIC H, Mark IIC+ DRX, Mark IIC+ DRG, Mark IIC+ SRG, Mark IIC+ HRG, Mark IIC+/++ KRG, Mark IV A, Mark IV B (2), TA-30

Cabs:
Hardwood Thiele 1x12, Tolex Thiele 1x12 (3), Vert Recto 2x12, Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Metal Grille Halfback 4x12
cray cray! how did you manage to skip the III’s?

F2506F2C-8765-4476-A821-671522DF879C.jpeg

blue stripe simul III

former IIB coli, III non eq, triaxis/395 ‘er.

i've had a Roadster, a Mark V, a Lonestar, and currently have a DC-3. Only one i really miss is the Mark V. shoulda kept that one....

the DC-3 is actually a really kick-ass amp!
Crap. I had a stiletto, forgot about it. Probably my least fav, just couldn't tame the top-end. if it hadn't been for that, it would have been tits.

What is the deal with blue one in the middle?
Interesting to hear you say you'd keep the JP2C
If you got rid of the rest of them. Why?
At this point you are in collectors mode so-
doesn't the current run on Mesa entice you to sell some?
And what happened to the Badlander order?

The one with the ouroboros logo? That's a JP2C, swapped knobs and put my own logo instead of the JP signature thing.

Why I'd get rid of the rest of them? The JP2C (the one with the new Schumacher Transformers) can get 95% there to the sound and feel and manages to have even more gain on tap. A lot of IIC+ bros get really upset when I write this kind of stuff, but it's true. John Petrucci himself tracks with the JP2C, tours with it, uses it non stop. He knows more about these amps than anyone besides Randall and Mike B. I've been back and forth a ton of times and the only big difference is loudness and the DRG. The DRG has a warm punchy sound to it, it's really unmatched in cleans as well. There is some weird magic about how unimaginably loud the IIC+'s are. You cannot physically crank the Master past 3-4 (with the Lead Master turned up quite a bit too) without being in physical distress :ROFLMAO:. I think that's what the hullabaloo is about. Nothing else about the Mesa lineup right now really gets me excited.

I also feel deeply uncomfortable with how much these amps are going for. I don't really want to own a single amp that goes for $10k let alone multiple. It feels like a liability. It also feels weird selling these for multiple times what I bought them for, but if I don't someone else will. 🤷‍♂️

The Badlander? Fuck. Ordered one with a co-worker through our old rep, got a new rep, got updates on it.. It's starting, chassis is complete, waiting on headshell, headshell complete will ship soon, etc.. Got an email from our new rep saying the old guy left the company and the amp never actually got made. However the new guy was the one giving us all the updates..? Was there an accident? Did it get dropped? Did it explode in QC? Did they want to bump us off because we got in before price hikes? I don't know. They won't tell me. Gave us a chance to back out or stay on order. Coworker backed out, I stayed on. Did I get to jump to the top of the queue? Are they fast tracking it? I have no idea. They're sparse with updates. I've thought about cancelling. I should mention we got it at discounted pricing and I ordered a custom headshell. I'm not mad. I'm just confused.

Previously:
2 Channel Dual Rec Head
F50 1X12 Combo
Nomad 100 1X12 Combo

Currently:
Stiletto Duece Stage I Head
Blue Angel Head
Electradyne 2X12 Combo
Tremoverb 2X12 Combo
TC50 rack Head
TA30 2X12 Combo
Maverick 2X12 Combo
Heartbreaker Head
Royal Atlantic Head
MPulse 600 Head
Basis M2000 Head

The one with the ouroboros logo? That's a JP2C, swapped knobs and put my own logo instead of the JP signature thing.

Why I'd get rid of the rest of them? The JP2C (the one with the new Schumacher Transformers) can get 95% there to the sound and feel and manages to have even more gain on tap. A lot of IIC+ bros get really upset when I write this kind of stuff, but it's true. John Petrucci himself tracks with the JP2C, tours with it, uses it non stop. He knows more about these amps than anyone besides Randall and Mike B. I've been back and forth a ton of times and the only big difference is loudness and the DRG. The DRG has a warm punchy sound to it, it's really unmatched in cleans as well. There is some weird magic about how unimaginably loud the IIC+'s are. You cannot physically crank the Master past 3-4 (with the Lead Master turned up quite a bit too) without being in physical distress :ROFLMAO:. I think that's what the hullabaloo is about. Nothing else about the Mesa lineup right now really gets me excited.

I also feel deeply uncomfortable with how much these amps are going for. I don't really want to own a single amp that goes for $10k let alone multiple. It feels like a liability. It also feels weird selling these for multiple times what I bought them for, but if I don't someone else will. 🤷‍♂️

The Badlander? Fuck. Ordered one with a co-worker through our old rep, got a new rep, got updates on it.. It's starting, chassis is complete, waiting on headshell, headshell complete will ship soon, etc.. Got an email from our new rep saying the old guy left the company and the amp never actually got made. However the new guy was the one giving us all the updates..? Was there an accident? Did it get dropped? Did it explode in QC? Did they want to bump us off because we got in before price hikes? I don't know. They won't tell me. Gave us a chance to back out or stay on order. Coworker backed out, I stayed on. Did I get to jump to the top of the queue? Are they fast tracking it? I have no idea. They're sparse with updates. I've thought about cancelling. I should mention we got it at discounted pricing and I ordered a custom headshell. I'm not mad. I'm just confused.

Right on.
Thanks for the detail.
Always wondered about the J2PC
Customer headshell Badlander at a good price?
I'd keep waiting I guess too - confusing for sure.

Previous:
Mk iv A
Midi quad
Abacus
2 90 2
Recto 100
Recto pre
Studio 22
Tremoverb
Mk v 35
Rack vtwin
2 - 2x12 upright metal grill cabs
Currently own:
Mesa amp switcher
Quad early serial #
Triaxis tx4 board, non phat
Strategy 500
Mkiv B
Simul satellite head
Mkiii coli red stripe
Mkiii coli blue stripe
Mkiic+
4 - 4x12 metal grill cabs

Have:
IIC+ SRG, IIC+ DRG, IIC+ HG, JP2C, and a Dual Rectifier Rev G made by Mike B. I ordered a Badlander 100 in April 2021, which I don't think I'm getting at this point o_O. Love the Boogies. It's the only high gain sound I hear in my brain now. I've convinced my coworkers to buy Mesa Boogies too. I do, however, feel like I own too many and constantly think about selling them all and just keeping the JP2C.

0u5JkL9.jpg
Dude, what in the hell did you do with that JP2C ? The switches have been painted blue matching the tolex! That is crazy, I've never seen that before, reminds me of cars with those fancy red rims matching red paint.

.50 Caliber Plus 1x12 combo.
Has to be one of the best bang for buck amps out there.
I used to own one, the 6l6 version and it dialed in just like a Mark series Mesa and had that distinctive Mark type tone to it as well, just in a smaller, lighter package. Great tones can be had out of those amps. They have that liquid tone and feel on leads too.

Dude, what in the hell did you do with that JP2C ? The switches have been painted blue matching the tolex! That is crazy, I've never seen that before, reminds me of cars with those fancy red rims matching red paint.

I did a lot of dumb stuff to it :ROFLMAO: The switches are just these little cover things I grabbed whenever I bought some parts/tubes.

https://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/switch-accessory-mini-toggle-caps-short-bat-11-colorshttps://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/switch-accessory-mini-toggle-caps-standard-bat-11-colors

Back