METALLICA - 72 SEASONS (2023) [FULL ALBUM]

I don’t know if people are just addicted to bitching or haven’t realized that chasing nostalgia always ends in disappointment, but goddamn a lot of ya’ll seem content just bitching about shit instead of finding things you can actually enjoy in life.
troof

After reviewing the first 9 tracks one by one, Tucker couldn’t even finish the album. All he said was something to the effect of, “I hate it passionately”

F06388C5-D675-4599-8D49-347F8A524516.jpeg

Last edited:
I found this interesting, guitar tone makes a HUGE difference obviously

Greg Fidelman should never be allowed to touch a metal album again. Christ. It's fucking infuriating how much better that is. The actual album isn't even in the same universe as that video. Not saying this is the perfect tone for 72 Seasons but if this doesn't show how immeasurably important an album's producer is, I don't know what does.

The producer is the 5th member of the band and in this case, Greg needs to be woken up from a night of drinking and be handed a ticket for a week long bus ride back home.

Last edited:
I see no difference in the James up there today pouting about being insecure and needing hugs to king badass alpha hetfield of 86, looks like the same dude to me

You mean the shy and introverted Hetfield that was constantly bullied by Mustaine, the same Mustaine who was obviously the leader of the band live because James was trembling and scared shitless of talking to the crowd? The same James who thought that he wasn’t good enough to play the guitar so he only sang?

That same James who had to came up with an obviously fake tough guy demeanor to hide his obvious insecurities, but that he was a teddy bear every time he got drunk?

Yeah, totally different personalities.

The only significant differences between young and old Hetfield is that young Hetfield had and endless amount of raw energy and was so hungry to prove himself, two things old Hetfield doesn’t have anymore for obvious reasons.

The funny thing is that James, Lars and Kirk, probably in part to the absolutely mental success of Metallica, are pretty much the same people that they were in 1983, just with the experience of having done it all and having their bellies about to explode. Even Kirk still stutters every time he is front of a camera.

You mean the shy and introverted Hetfield that was constantly bullied by Mustaine, the same Mustaine who was obviously the leader of the band live because James was trembling and scared shitless of talking to the crowd? The same James who thought that he wasn’t good enough to play the guitar so he only sang?

That same James who had to came up with an obviously fake tough guy demeanor to hide his obvious insecurities, but that he was a teddy bear every time he got drunk?

The only significant differences between young and old Hetfield is that young Hetfield had and endless amount of raw energy and was so hungry to prove himself, two things old Hetfield doesn’t have anymore for obvious reasons.

The funny thing is that James, Lars and Kirk, probably in part to the absolutely mental success of Metallica, are pretty much the same people that they were in 1983, just with the experience of having done it all and having their bellies about to explode. Even Kirk still stutters every time he is front of a camera.
Like most of us Hetfield has in fact changed through the years. I can tell you one thing that is unlikely to change: James Hetfield will continue to ranked amongst the most influential figures in the history of heavy music, and will go on to be recognized as one of the greatest front men in the that genre....Facts.

He was a lovable insecure teddy bear

I've listened to a little bit of most songs in the album, and it just confirmed what I was expecting since I heard Lux for the first time. This album sounds just like repeating bits and pieces leftover from their last 4 albums. Which were already not up to early Metallica standards.
I've been a fan since 1984, and they have always changed quite a bit from album to album, and that never bothered me, until the Black Album came out. Before the Black Album, there was a single Metallica song that I thought it wasn't phenomenal. It was a good song, but not phenomenal. Every single other Metallica song was incredible. And with the Black Album, I really liked 3, maybe 4 songs. The rest was ok. Load and Re-Load had some of their very best produced tones, but the music kept at the rate of 3, maybe 4, per album. St Anger was even less, maybe 2 songs, because it really sounded like they were just copying and pasting songs parts all over the album. At that point, they stopped sounding like a band.
I know they are never going back to the RTL, MOP and AJFA days. Specially because of James vocals and band attitude. When I watch parts of the RTL, MOP and even AJFA tour, James was a scary motherfucker on stage. They looked so pissed off, angry, mad and they played their songs that way, and the songs sounded that way. And the most important thing... the songs were incredible!
But that's all gone, and it will never come back. And I aware of this for a long time, and already accepted it.
This makes me appreciate bands like Slayer even more, for following the path they've first chosen, and sticking to it.
Now for the reality, I understand why Metallica wants to do it this way... money is not a bad thing to have, and the band, which was a true innovator back in the days, is playing safer than ever before. That shows right there the difference in wealth and fame between Metallica and Slayer.
Going to listen to RTL right now, and once again, enjoy it more than ever.
Oh I bet Slayer wishes they had Metallica’s money
and power in the music industry by now.

This drums up a lesson I taught my son about
making it big & being in a reckless bad ass band.

“Hey Benji”, you know what happened to
Guns & Roses after Appetite For Destruction ?

-“they finally ate”.
(followed by a long super rad discussion).

With Metallica and those first 3 records you mention, the Lenz Hot Chili NAILS everyone
of those records so well,it freaked me out.
-it just surfaced within playing the amp.
Wicked good shit brother.
The roll-back is hard to believe.

Dude, Metallica is Millionaire Metal.

Darkness did in fact have a son &
he turned out dumb.

F-it and fuck them, -let’s jam!!!

If Hetfield were the same dude now as he was in the 80’s, wouldn’t he still be writing material that sounded like they did in the 80’s? :LOL:

Weird take after the last 30 years of them doing interview after interview talking about band dynamics and how they’ve had to change over the years to accommodate their growth as individual people and as a band. I mean, really fucking strange because it’s all they‘ve fuckin talked about for decades now, Christ, they have a whole documentary showing them literally going from cunty bitches picking fights with each other to sitting down and, literally, talking about their feelings.

And yeah Hetfield is insecure, something he’s also stated repeatedly and has played a huge part of him getting hammered to go onstage in front of thousands of people a night to put on the ‘I’m the frontman of Metallica’ face. This is all shit he’s been so open about that the older fans want him to shut up, stop going to therapy, fuck rehab and be 80’s Hetfield again. :ROFLMAO:

I think way too much credit is given to their financial/popularity status as if those things actually mean anything when one is wrestling with inner demons. I know for me, the times I’ve had the most money in my bank account there was other life shit going on that didn’t really allow me to enjoy the first break I’d ever had from financial burden and even when being the frontman of a band people liked to come and see with our own following, I fucking hated the feeling of needing to be ‘on’ the second I got onstage or just having that attention in general. It’s the worst part about playing live for me. And that was for like 50-100 people, never mind fuckin’ 60,000 people night after night.

Like most of us Hetfield has in fact changed through the years. I can tell you one thing that is unlikely to change: James Hetfield will continue to ranked amongst the most influential figures in the history of heavy music, and will go on to be recognized as one of the greatest front men in the that genre....Facts.

Of course Hetfield’s perspective on a lot of things has changed through the years (The Unforgiven trilogy is a good testament of that) and he is mentally and physically in a very different place from 40 years ago. But his core personality is exactly the same and pretty much that applies to the rest of the band too.

And Hetfield is the best metal frontman ever, in no way I’m bashing him. But things are what they are.

He was a lovable insecure teddy bear

You don’t need to show me clips, I’ve seen them all. James was passionate, focused and hungry as fuck in those days, which helped him to deal with his crippling shyness and insecurities and be capable of showing the absolute best version of himself on stage. He had a dream, he was on a mission and he did it no matter what, which is remarkable in itself. But as Lars said one time: that’s the Metallica frontman persona he plays, and then there’s the real James.

Personality wise he hasn’t changed, but after the S&M he just stopped caring that much. He still loves to do music, but he doesn’t have the same hunger or the same focus anymore.

I wish he would tighten his right hand back up and palm mute like old days . He’s touch us softer

If Hetfield were the same dude now as he was in the 80’s, wouldn’t he still be writing material that sounded like they did in the 80’s? :LOL:

I’m not saying he is the same guy, just that his personality is pretty much the same.

But he obviously has changed in a lot of other aspects and he can’t write or perform like in his prime years.

But thats something that happens to most artists. The first records tend to be the best in the vast majority of times.

I wish he would tighten his right hand back up and palm mute like old days . He’s touch us softer
I amazed he still has the speed that he has at 59. I'm 48 and my speed and dexterity has dropped significantly in the last 5 years. It's fucked.

I amazed he still has the speed that he has at 59. I'm 48 and my speed and dexterity has dropped significantly in the last 5 years. It's fucked.

i dont really expect anyone at almost 60 to be playing quite as fast as they were at 22, but then again megadeth, exodus, testament and other of their contemporaries are playing as fast and tight as ever so ill blame laziness before age :dunno:

I’d say half is really good while half is plodding filler . The good ones are great
I'm pretty much in agreement...There are probably 3 - 4 songs that are sub-par at best. The rest is very solid in my opinion. I would probably would have cut:

-Crown of Barbed Wire
- Sleepwalk my Life Away
-Chasing Light

I'm pretty much in agreement...There are probably 3 - 4 songs that are sub-par at best. The rest is very solid in my opinion. I would probably would have cut:

-Crown of Barbed Wire
- Sleepwalk my Life Away
-Chasing Light

I love Sleepwalk My Life Away.

Best kirk solo in decades.

Back