Mezzabarba mzero overdrive - thoughts on this amp?

I have the trinity which is the mzero with another channel . THE 2nd channel on the trinity is the same as the OD channel on the Mzero.Its a good sounding amp you can set the second channel up for SRV type breakup or high gain . The draw back is you can't switch from one to the other . The clean channel is good, its not fender good but its a good clean channel .I rarely use it so I'm not the expert on the cleans.
Its a bit on the bright side but not overly bright. The Feedback knob makes for a lot of different tones.
For my money I would get the trinity its just more versitle but thats just me .

What do you want to know about it ? I've spent a few days with one.

It sounds in the Soldano family with a bit more Marshall.

stephen sawall":1axcts1c said:

Really just how much gain does it have. Compressed, open, saturated, stiff, forgiving. How's the MV, does the amp sound good at bedroom volumes etc...

jabps":3i8xt60r said:
stephen sawall":3i8xt60r said:

Really just how much gain does it have. Compressed, open, saturated, stiff, forgiving. How's the MV, does the amp sound good at bedroom volumes etc...

It has a lot of gain on tap, I normally just use the drive channel, that channel has plenty of gain for me. I don't find it to be that compressed and not stiff, really open sounding to my ears at least. The master volume is one of the best and you get great tone at super low volumes. The FX loop is very transparent as well.

I owned one. Sounded like a darker, more evil pissed off SLO with a bit of Marshall in there too. I’d say it’s pretty saturated, but open and huge sounding (similarly big to my Wizard MTL) and quite raw and organic sounding for a recent made amp. I don’t think it’s stiff or unforgiving, but you definitely can’t get away with sloppy playing on it like you could with a 6505/5150 or Engl’s.

I thought it sounded great, but had other amps that sent it packing in a similar price point (mainly these 2 Cameron modded Marshall’s that I don’t have anymore), so because of that I wouldn’t necessarily recommend it to others, but still a very good amp for sure. If it were a bit cheaper, it would easily blow away many other options. The price is fair imo, but just lots of great amps competing with in its price range. I’d easily take over any Friedman though

jabps":4w99ydxl said:
stephen sawall":4w99ydxl said:

The first channel can be a clean or a crunch, with the boost engaged. The second channel is only hi-gain, saturated but touch sensitive. Not stiff, not so much forgiving. The feeling change if use hot pickups, V30 or Greenback.
It have master, or switchable dual master, only as option. Otherwise have only the separate volume of the channels (preamp volume).

These guys covered it. I think it's a great amp. Organic for modern is very accurate. I thought the Master was very good. But never play at bedroom volume. I pretty much always play at drumset volumes.

Thanks guys on the lowdown. Had a line on a used one and it's gone. Snooze you lose.

jabps":3lemwhki said:
Thanks guys on the lowdown. Had a line on a used one and it's gone. Snooze you lose.

I have one I don’t play, if you’re interested.

Back