Mike Soldano/ George Lynch shooting a video! UPDATED

I didn't think Soldano would ever do a sig model amp. Pretty sure he's never even given amps to the pro's. EVH even had to pay for his.
Looks like they were focussed on the floor pedals. Perhaps a sig Soldano pedal, the GL-GTO? haha

So your telling me that if your a celeb and someone throws money your way,
you'd thumb your nose at it especially in these days of sympathetic cry baby's who blame all
there problems on everyone else but themselves .
WOKE MY ASS
Go get em George.

No I am saying that's exactly what anyone would do and that's why he puts his name on anything that sounds good. Ride a bit of extra revenue while he can. Woke has nothing to do with making money and more about political and social leanings.

i’m still most fond of his drier fatter bogner tones on sacred groove

but this sounds very classic 80s metal pinch harmonic/chainsaw lynch

i suppose a sig model that could be tweaked for either would be great

i’m still most fond of his drier fatter bogner tones on sacred groove

but this sounds very classic 80s metal pinch harmonic/chainsaw lynch

i suppose a sig model that could be tweaked for either would be great

Yep👍 Sacred Groove is my all time fav Lynch Tone. (Bogner #1 100B Prototype)

When I saw Lynch mob in 1992, he was again playing through Reinhold‘s #001 prototype Bogner Ecstasy 100B that night and his tone was incredible.
I asked his guitar tech what George was using after the show, my ears were ringing and I drove home wondering what the heck he said, Boger? Booger? Boner? 😉
I did nail it down and ordered my first Bogner Ecstasy 100B from Joey Brasler, Make’n Music Hollywood California, I still have this amplifier.

Last edited:
I don't mean this to sound rude at all, and I respect George Lynch's skill...but are there enough people still around to actually care about a signature amp from him that it would sell?
I don’t think so, good point. I’m also wondering if the SLO mini is essentially the GTO in a box?

It's a BAD promotional video. I wonder how Mike really feels about the direction things have gone.
Ironically I think this is the direction the market is moving. Small practice amps. It's just more practical for most people.

I have yet to play/hear one of these SS mini amps that sound good. Hell, most of them don't even sound near as good as a regular old SS amp from the 90's. Everyone hypes them up and then everyone sells them off 2 weeks later. Oh well, they will sell a lot for Christmas probably.

Yep👍 Sacred Groove is my all time fav Lynch Tone. (Bogner #1 100B Prototype)

When I saw Lynch mob in 1992, he was again playing through Reinhold‘s #001 prototype Bogner Ecstasy 100B that night and his tone was incredible.
I asked his guitar tech what George was using after the show, my ears were ringing and I drove home wondering what the heck he said, Boger? Booger? Boner? Balogner? 😉
I did nail it down and ordered my first Bogner Ecstasy 100B from Joey Brasler, Make’n Music Hollywood California, I still have this amplifier.
i knew i liked you!
i fell in love with the egnater tol 100 at that shop. i think they may have had the A and B xtc at the shop at some point. wasn’t the A the vai love secrets amp john ou bought? did you own it too?
rumour has it that i’m mot much of a vai guy🤣 but some of his crunch tones on ALS were his best

Just ordered one thru Sweetwater . I didn’t care for the Bogner or Friedman but I can’t not try this one

A good sounding and feeling solid state amp with a simple design would be the ultimate practice, backup, demo recording, small room/stage solution. I’m not into Lynch at all but this sounds promising.

i knew i liked you!
i fell in love with the egnater tol 100 at that shop. i think they may have had the A and B xtc at the shop at some point. wasn’t the A the vai love secrets amp john ou bought? did you own it too?
rumour has it that i’m mot much of a vai guy🤣 but some of his crunch tones on ALS were his best
I also owned that one!

Wow! What a let down. Another crappy little bees in a box solid state head that sounds fizzy. They should have done a tube pedal. Something inspiring. What I also hate is that as soon as June 2 hits you see all the usual suspects with their SLO MINI! videos hitting youtube. Like a planned amp campaign. Everyone is gonna tell you it is great, nobody will say this thing is a POS.

Back