Mike Soldano/ George Lynch shooting a video! UPDATED

Have you read anything George puts out about mean, greedy corporations, millionaires, and people who are out for every dime? His ideas about how everyone else should behave don't line up with his own behavior. If he's out for money, hell yeah! Go for it. Take as much as anyone will give you. But don't cry foul when others do the same.

Read what George puts out about society. It's the very definition of woke.

and throw out a pick or two during a performance for God's sakes! You can't take those to the grave with you.

Im not sure I get these mini Amps at all. The various reviewers on YT seem to just output them to impulses on a PC. You might as well just use a pedal.

But then you might say, well try it through a real 4x12 or 2x12. Well......youve just offset the portability aspect with the Cabs. So you might as well just use a tube amp.....

I think its a gimick.

It almost bugs me more to see these guys one after the other put out the same video about how great this newest micro buzzashit amp sounds and then throw it back in it's box and send it back once the vid is edited and done. Fluff anyone? I know it's hard to come up with content and we should be thankful for the vids we have but there are just far too many whenever a new product comes out. They must send it to each other months before it drops and pinky swear not to drop the video until the reveal date.

A 1 watt hopefully , they would sell millions and millions because you can crank the 1 watt models and not wake the entire neighborhood up .

that's exactly what it should have been. Or a tube driven preamp that you can bang into the power section of your amp. A new GTO with George tweaks.

I like my 1w Randall Diavlo. It sounds huge through a 4x12 at a low volume. It's still loud enough to feel it cranked. I change tubes in it all the time and it's receptive to tube changes. This amp with a dedicated, footswitchable clean and a better fx loop would sell a lot, I feel. Lynch/Soldano should do something like this instead of toys. This could be done at the $300-349 price point and would appeal more to many.
114BAD97-12B8-41CA-B743-E87AD22C6C43.jpeg

Not to go off on a tangent but when you go to Sweetwater they say they have it for $50 off for the next 5 days it's $249 but yet Guitar Center regular price is $249 Sweetwater is just as crooked as all the others I actually do use them more because I hate Guitar Center! I only use them for used gear

Had to check myself before popping for the soldano mini from Sweetwater today.
Before I knew it I had the mini Diezel,Bogner and Friedman in my cart too.
I figured "A grand for four cool little amps....why not? They would look cool together on a shelf."

Then I thought "yeah....on a shelf."

They could just recreate Aspen Pittman's "purple plexi" (that was really a '72 or something) but I think that was just stock. And you'd still need an SD1.

Essentially we all already own one of these amps and it is just as you said, a decent or good sounding NMV Marshall or JMP/800 with an SD-1 or TS-9 variant. Hell seems to work for George and that is what he comes back most to when you look at his live board and amps.

I thought they did that already? Purple Marshall looking amps with skull and cross bones logo?

No, it was a randall one off handwired plexi ( that didn't have enough gain). The "head hunter" which was covered in calf skin lol. Guess George hasn't joined PETA yet. His Lynchbox (which I have) has faux snake skin and the Brahma module which does kick ass in all fairness. His best signature work to date. But surprise surprise, I boost it... with a cusak or comparable.

I know Soldano isn't Mike Soldano anymore, but I don't know the details. I know the prices for the old ones skyrocketed, but is there anything wrong with the new SLOs?

I know Soldano isn't Mike Soldano anymore, but I don't know the details. I know the prices for the old ones skyrocketed, but is there anything wrong with the new SLOs?
I've heard the new ones are really good. Fixed things people didn't like in the originals.

No, it was a randall one off handwired plexi ( that didn't have enough gain). The "head hunter" which was covered in calf skin lol. Guess George hasn't joined PETA yet. His Lynchbox (which I have) has faux snake skin and the Brahma module which does kick ass in all fairness. His best signature work to date. But surprise surprise, I boost it... with a cusak or comparable.
Dave’s speaking of the Purplexi. Had one. Probably a bad example. Sold it to Exo for $100.00 I think? Could be wrong. It needed major work.

It almost bugs me more to see these guys one after the other put out the same video about how great this newest micro buzzashit amp sounds and then throw it back in it's box and send it back once the vid is edited and done. Fluff anyone? I know it's hard to come up with content and we should be thankful for the vids we have but there are just far too many whenever a new product comes out. They must send it to each other months before it drops and pinky swear not to drop the video until the reveal date.
Yeah, its the same dudes. Fluff, Rob Chapman, Leon Todd, 60 Cycle Hum dude, Rabea.....and theres undoubtedly others.

BTW great job if you can get it.....to be the video tester.....its kind of like Pre-Sales in the IT industry, a lot of fun I'll bet.

I'd be shit, everything would be ripped to fuck and I'd end up saying "not as good as my Quad/395" rig, every time....lol

They’re awesome, but definitely have some differences. I much preferred the older one, the new ones have a touch of Recto that I’m not as crazy about. Awesome, still, but not as close to the original as it could/should have been. They definitely don’t have the same band-level magic. They did address some things over the first one, but I’m doing so the amp changed.
I mean out of their own mouths this one works better with v30 because of the change in the midrange. Again, awesome amp, but different.

Back