Mini pedals ???

@jlbaxe

I can highly recommend the Mooer Yellow Comp (Diamond Compressor clone), which can do quite clean compression, as well as bringing that 'chick'n pick'n' tone, provided you run the EQ button over 2 'o clock.

I also have (and like) the TC HOF Mini, Ibanez Mini Tubescreamer, a few more Mooers (Ana Echo, Ensemble Chorus, ElecLady Flanger, BluesCrab, HustleDrive and Graphic G EQ).
Note that the Ana Echo is REALLY analog, and is limited at 300ms delay time. Does great self-oscillation.

I had a Donner Yellow Fall delay (and a Mooer Re Echo); both are digital. And from the looks and description of it, the Tone City will also be a Yellow Fall (Mooer Echolizer) clone.
PT23** chip based 'analog voiced' 600ms delay.
The Yellow Fall also did a nice self oscillation (remniscent of the Ibanez DE7 Delay Echo); the Re Echo not so much (more digital glitchy). The Yellow Fall was a nice pedal!

I also had a TC Flashback (fullsized) and none of the patches did a convincing self-oscillation, so I expect the TC Flashback Mini to do the same.
Listen to the beginning of Judas Priest's Unleased in the East live version of "Starbreaker". THAT kind of oscillation. :rock:

Sold the FB twice and now I still have a Alter Ego V2, which I do find has some high modulation on most patches though, and I miss a straight up 2290...because, what's super-lame, is that the Alter Ego V2 does NOT allow uploading ANY of the Flashback 'default' toneprints. Lingering GAS for a TC Flashback Mini...cuteness factor gets to me. :doh: :D

I'm a bit of a delay (and pedals in general) nut;
currently owning:
Boss DM-2 Delay (analog)
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss RE-20 Space Echo (on main board)
DOD 680 Analog Delay
Ibanez AD9 (vintage, analog)
Ibanez DE7 Delay Echo (on backup board)
Line6 Echo Park (great versatile delay!, on 'home-board')
Mooer Ana Echo (in Mooer case, home-board #2)
MXR Analog Delay (big green vintage thing)
MXR Carbon Copy (analog, on main board)
TC Electronic Alter Ego V2

If you don't need the small pedal to be REALLY analog, I'd consider the Yellow Fall/Tape Machine/Echolizer if you need convincing sounding analog-voiced delay with great oscillation.
If small size + versatility is more important, WITH great delay tones, the FB Mini would be my next guess (judging by my regular sized FB pedal experience + the fact that the smaller and newer TC pedals have a better footswitch than the heavy-latching old ones).
And if a nice dark, real analog delay with long time is needed (with bonus modulation), either the MXR Carbon Copy or Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail would be my first place to look.

Speeddemon":3c3z36xo said:
@jlbaxe

I can highly recommend the Mooer Yellow Comp (Diamond Compressor clone), which can do quite clean compression, as well as bringing that 'chick'n pick'n' tone, provided you run the EQ button over 2 'o clock.

I also have (and like) the TC HOF Mini, Ibanez Mini Tubescreamer, a few more Mooers (Ana Echo, Ensemble Chorus, ElecLady Flanger, BluesCrab, HustleDrive and Graphic G EQ).
Note that the Ana Echo is REALLY analog, and is limited at 300ms delay time. Does great self-oscillation.

I had a Donner Yellow Fall delay (and a Mooer Re Echo); both are digital. And from the looks and description of it, the Tone City will also be a Yellow Fall (Mooer Echolizer) clone.
PT23** chip based 'analog voiced' 600ms delay.
The Yellow Fall also did a nice self oscillation (remniscent of the Ibanez DE7 Delay Echo); the Re Echo not so much (more digital glitchy). The Yellow Fall was a nice pedal!

I also had a TC Flashback (fullsized) and none of the patches did a convincing self-oscillation, so I expect the TC Flashback Mini to do the same.
Listen to the beginning of Judas Priest's Unleased in the East live version of "Starbreaker". THAT kind of oscillation. :rock:

Sold the FB twice and now I still have a Alter Ego V2, which I do find has some high modulation on most patches though, and I miss a straight up 2290...because, what's super-lame, is that the Alter Ego V2 does NOT allow uploading ANY of the Flashback 'default' toneprints. Lingering GAS for a TC Flashback Mini...cuteness factor gets to me. :doh: :D

I'm a bit of a delay (and pedals in general) nut;
currently owning:
Boss DM-2 Delay (analog)
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss RE-20 Space Echo (on main board)
DOD 680 Analog Delay
Ibanez AD9 (vintage, analog)
Ibanez DE7 Delay Echo (on backup board)
Line6 Echo Park (great versatile delay!, on 'home-board')
Mooer Ana Echo (in Mooer case, home-board #2)
MXR Analog Delay (big green vintage thing)
MXR Carbon Copy (analog, on main board)
TC Electronic Alter Ego V2

If you don't need the small pedal to be REALLY analog, I'd consider the Yellow Fall/Tape Machine/Echolizer if you need convincing sounding analog-voiced delay with great oscillation.
If small size + versatility is more important, WITH great delay tones, the FB Mini would be my next guess (judging by my regular sized FB pedal experience + the fact that the smaller and newer TC pedals have a better footswitch than the heavy-latching old ones).
And if a nice dark, real analog delay with long time is needed (with bonus modulation), either the MXR Carbon Copy or Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail would be my first place to look.

Wow lots of good info.
I have now:
Mini tube screamer
Mini red witch eve tremolo
Mini TC FlashBack
Mini TC Ditto

Mini HOF is probably next. The HR deluxe III reverb is ok up to number 2 on the knob then (too me)unusable after that.

I'm sure I will have a collection of delays also. I do like and plan on getting Alter ego V2.

As far as Compressors I will most likely get the mini SP and EP. I will keep an eye out for a Mooer yellow comp and a yellow Fall delay also.

Thanks for the info. It is slowly getting there :LOL: :LOL:

Looking for used Mini pedals. Send me a pm or post here.

Don't mean to hijack the thread but have you tried or heard about the Mooer spark? I'm looking on adding a comp to my board but can only fit a mini pedal. Looking at the Mooer optical or the Xotic Sp but the Spark looks cool and is way small.

BrokenFusion":877bn9sv said:
I have the Dunlop mini wah and it is AWESOME! I couldn't fit a full size wah on my board so I never bothered taking it with me. The mini sounds better than my old wah and works great.

24327357165_18ba023530_b.jpg

What pedal board is that?

nevusofota":2ai12508 said:
Don't mean to hijack the thread but have you tried or heard about the Mooer spark? I'm looking on adding a comp to my board but can only fit a mini pedal. Looking at the Mooer optical or the Xotic Sp but the Spark looks cool and is way small.
I am looking at the SP compressor. Has a blend knob and seems to get great reviews.

HiJack away :LOL: :LOL: does not bother me. :rock:

I have a Mooer Echolizer Delay (not too dark, but darker than the average digital delay, awesome sound), their yellow compressor (very very cool comp). These two I run in front of a Fender amp (along with a Caline Timmy clone by Caline).
Also there's an Xvive Delay in the loop of one of my Marshalls (also a bit on the dark side cause the Marshall is bright = perfect) and a TC FB Mini in the loop of my Cornford (which I do run in the 2290 mode).
One could say that I'm a fan of mini fx. :D

duesentrieb":3s2eakws said:
I have a Mooer Echolizer Delay (not too dark, but darker than the average digital delay, awesome sound), their yellow compressor (very very cool comp). These two I run in front of a Fender amp (along with a Caline Timmy clone by Caline).
Also there's an Xvive Delay in the loop of one of my Marshalls (also a bit on the dark side cause the Marshall is bright = perfect) and a TC FB Mini in the loop of my Cornford (which I do run in the 2290 mode).
One could say that I'm a fan of mini fx. :D
Is the Xvive a good quality company? Never heard of them.

I see a bunch of $21 nock offs on evil bay. One is a Dunlop mini red compressor.

Is Caline a mini ?

I'm m sure I will end up with a collection of mini pedals. Specially delays :LOL: :LOL:

I wanted to downsize my pedalboard mainly because I'm tired of patch cable issues, signal loss, etc. Its by no means small, but I got a TC Electronics Nova system which is great! I was able to remove my delay/chorus/phaser/reverb/OD-distortion-boost, and compressor pedals. The one thing it doesn't do well is the flanger though..I can't dial in a good flanger sound for some reason. And the tuner doesn't have a good rep either. For $225-250 used, you can find one of these used. I still have a boss tuner/volume/wah on my board so its not small, but I'm pretty happy with the results.

I have:

.Polytune2 Mini. Great and very accurate. Even for intonation.
.Mooer Yellow Comp (Diamond clone). Most underated pedal I own.

psychodave":id8c2nkx said:
BrokenFusion":id8c2nkx said:
I have the Dunlop mini wah and it is AWESOME! I couldn't fit a full size wah on my board so I never bothered taking it with me. The mini sounds better than my old wah and works great.

24327357165_18ba023530_b.jpg

What pedal board is that?

It's a Temple Audio, Duo 17.

Which ones?! Spill the beans dude! :yes:
I'm currently contemplating the Eno Swoosh Flanger...Hopefully it'll do a mean jet-flange, without the volume drop of my Mooer ElecLady.

Xotic SP, Xotic EP, Red Witch Tremolo, Red Witch Scarlette, Donner Tutti Frutti chorus, Moore graphic G, Hotone Blues, Ibanez Mini Tube Screamer, TC mini FlashBack, TC mini HOF, TC mini Ditto, Dunlop mini wah.

Looking for more red witch mini's, Moore phase, and mini tape delays (Tone City and Moore). Also want an Xotic SL.

Bang for the buck the Mooer Reecho isn't bad for a tape echo. Some people can't get past the word "mooer" though.

I love Tone City mini pedals. They even have a pedal board with like 7 pedals and power supply for $250 on Reverb.com. I'm going to pick one up next week. I already have the Tone City Golden Plexi and love it in front of my Peavey Triple X 2X12. You can check out demos of all the pedals on the Tone Kings channel on you tube

Back