NAD: KSR Juno 100. Demo of all 3 channels.

firejack

Received my KSR Juno 100 the other day. What an amp! Extremely versatile beast.
Made a vid going through all 3 channels from clean to scream with my Caparison Dellinger guitar.

Attachments

• 20210519_165552.jpg
    20210519_165552.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
  • 20210519_165829.jpg
    20210519_165829.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 57
  • 20210519_165513.jpg
    20210519_165513.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Man, love the tones here! And you're a great player. Questions...

1. What speakers in that cab?
2. What clipping settings did you have for Channel 2 and 3?
3. What position on the Feel knob did you have for 2 and 3? How drastic or subtle is the Feel knob?
4. How 'big' does the amp sound compared to others?
5. Anything in the noise gate? How transparent is it?
6. Generally, how do you rate it compared to some other amps you've loved or hated?

Cheers!

Man, love the tones here! And you're a great player. Questions...

1. What speakers in that cab?
2. What clipping settings did you have for Channel 2 and 3?
3. What position on the Feel knob did you have for 2 and 3? How drastic or subtle is the Feel knob?
4. How 'big' does the amp sound compared to others?
5. Anything in the noise gate? How transparent is it?
6. Generally, how do you rate it compared to some other amps you've loved or hated?

Cheers!
Heya many thanks JD.

1. It's the stock speakers. Greenbacks on top, V30's on bottom.

2. Channel 2 is in Clip Mode. That's modded Marshall territory and that's where that channel stays for me. Righteous tones all across the gain range.
Channel 3 is in Lead Mode. I like Crunch Mode too, but Lead Mode just has a thick syrupy sweetness to it that suits lead playing perfectly. Makes for a nice contrast to the leaner tones of Channel 2 in Clip Mode.

3. Channel 2 Feel is on setting #6. I prefer a bit of sag on my lower gain Marshall-type tones.
Channel 3 Feel is on setting #3. I find any higher is a bit too stiff for my preferences. And #3's mids sound the nicest to my ears.
Feel Knob is subtle in how much tighter the sound gets, but has a more noticeable effect on how the mids sound. But it seems to mostly affect how the amp feels. I do prefer an amp that's fluid feeling rather than stiff, hence my tendency to go lower on the feel settings.

4. I had the Master well below 1/4. It wasn't even past 7 o'clock, so I barely had the power section working. I was using the Channels' Level Controls to bring the volume up. When I first got the amp, I pumped the Master up for a few chords and rattled the walls. It can sound monstrous.

5. It's a quiet amp. In the vid you can only hear a noise floor when I hit the front end of Channel 3 with the Koko Boost. And that's with Channel 3's Gain Control set very high. My Koko Boost is a noisy pedal and always introduces noise into the signal. It was much worse through my Peters and Landry amps. The Driftwood and KSR are much quieter amps.

6. Well I have to say it's my fave thus far, with the Driftwood Mini Nightmare a very close 2nd. I'd say the KSR has the edge in tone, whereas the Driftwood just has the best feel of any amp I've played. Mind you the KSR isn't far behind in feel. Haha.

Hope that helps man. :D

Sounds awesome man , great playing to !
Thanks Dawn! :rock:

Man that sounds killer, good stuff. Congrats!
Heya thanks Kyle! :thumbsup:

Fuck yeah, nice score. You still rockin the Driftwood too?
Thanks Zen.
Yes mate still got the Mini Nightmare. It certainly has its place, and both amps are different enough to warrant keeping it.
Although it's not as snarly in the mids as the Juno, it has one of the best lead tones I've heard in an amp. The feel and sustain are incredible. And it has a unique clean channel that contrasts the KSR cleans nicely. I'm looking forward to running them together in stereo.
I must admit though, part of me wants to purchase another KSR amp. I'm tempted to flip the Driftwood Mini Nightmare to fund it. But I know I'd probably regret it.

Heya many thanks JD.

1. It's the stock speakers. Greenbacks on top, V30's on bottom.

2. Channel 2 is in Clip Mode. That's modded Marshall territory and that's where that channel stays for me. Righteous tones all across the gain range.
Channel 3 is in Lead Mode. I like Crunch Mode too, but Lead Mode just has a thick syrupy sweetness to it that suits lead playing perfectly. Makes for a nice contrast to the leaner tones of Channel 2 in Clip Mode.

3. Channel 2 Feel is on setting #6. I prefer a bit of sag on my lower gain Marshall-type tones.
Channel 3 Feel is on setting #3. I find any higher is a bit too stiff for my preferences. And #3's mids sound the nicest to my ears.
Feel Knob is subtle in how much tighter the sound gets, but has a more noticeable effect on how the mids sound. But it seems to mostly affect how the amp feels. I do prefer an amp that's fluid feeling rather than stiff, hence my tendency to go lower on the feel settings.

4. I had the Master well below 1/4. It wasn't even past 7 o'clock, so I barely had the power section working. I was using the Channels' Level Controls to bring the volume up. When I first got the amp, I pumped the Master up for a few chords and rattled the walls. It can sound monstrous.

5. It's a quiet amp. In the vid you can only hear a noise floor when I hit the front end of Channel 3 with the Koko Boost. And that's with Channel 3's Gain Control set very high. My Koko Boost is a noisy pedal and always introduces noise into the signal. It was much worse through my Peters and Landry amps. The Driftwood and KSR are much quieter amps.

6. Well I have to say it's my fave thus far, with the Driftwood Mini Nightmare a very close 2nd. I'd say the KSR has the edge in tone, whereas the Driftwood just has the best feel of any amp I've played. Mind you the KSR isn't far behind in feel. Haha.

Hope that helps man. :D
Hell yeah, man. Thanks for the great detail. I would love a mini 50w Juno with two channels. Like the Ares, but in Juno tones. Those were awesome.

Hell yeah, man. Thanks for the great detail. I would love a mini 50w Juno with two channels. Like the Ares, but in Juno tones. Those were awesome.
No worries JYD! I was almost going to stick with 50 watters and get the Juno in 50 watts. Decided to try something different and go with the Juno 100 and boy, am I glad I did. If you go 50 Watts you don't get the custom-made output transformer that the 100W Juno has. And I can't help but thinking that it plays a large role in the way the Juno sounds. The Juno 100 still sounds incredible at whisper volumes man. You can hear it doing whisper volume levels at the 09:58 timestamp in my video, just before I bring the level control up. Also, having the 3 channels lets you set the Juno up to be an ultra versatile tone machine. I love this amp.

Back