NAD - Marshall 1977 JMP 2203 + clips!

Had the hot mod.
It was good with my 4104, but not so much better that it was preferable to using a pedal for boosting.
You lose some cleanup potential. I'd probably have kept it if I didn't have other amps with more gain, and didn't use clean-crunch much.

I use Tim/Timmy, Klon, treble booster and eq for boosts into the Marshall. Each one is a bit different.
My feelings as well; I just liked the sound of my pedal in front better.
I think for a good metal tone, a hot mod + a pedal is a good way to go.

As a matter of fact I love all his Exodus tones! modded Marshalls / Peavey XXX / Engl Savage and so on. That old school in your face Marshall tone tho... 0:37

I Could ve wrong but i believe the Modded ones are on Force of Habit & not impact. Impact was his Favorite 800 Double Boosted. I Saw them for this tour and that's what he was touring with as well & his tone had no low end, he had 2 SD-1 Duct taped together and set exactly the same.

I Could ve wrong but i believe the Modded ones are on Force of Habit & not impact. Impact was his Favorite 800 Double Boosted. I Saw them for this tour and that's what he was touring with as well & his tone had no low end, he had 2 SD-1 Duct taped together and set exactly the same.
This is true from what i remeber as well, i believe you drove us to that show cause i didn't own a car at the time. i wish i was that young again.

Wow cool to know that !

FOH and Impact are the langner modded 800s + BBE + parametric Eqs. Fabulous Disaster was the stock 800 w/pedal(s).

Back