NAD Orange OR60- Clips added

  • Thread starter Thread starter Beyond Black
  • Start date Start date
Beyond Black

Beyond Black

Well-known member
OR60 landed today. Got about two hours with it and it kills, I absolutely fucking love it.
It’s got all the growl, bark and kerrang of a Marshall, with slightly lower mids, more girth/lows and saturation, and a hint of that filthy signature Orange fizz/fuzz that you’ll either love or hate.
It sits between a 2203/04 and Recto orange channel, with a heavier lean toward the Marshall, like a British Recto or a USA Marshall. 😂
It’ll excel at anything you throw at it. Straight in with low/mid gain it’ll do AC/DC all day, dime the gain you’ve got doom, boost it, tight thrash tone, and all convincingly. The higher the gain, the thicker and more saturated it gets, adding to it’s versatility.
For a 60 watt amp it’s loud af and hits like a truck, with plenty of headroom. The louder you play, the more ferocious it gets with great punch and clarity.
The YT vids all sound great imo, and are a very accurate representation of how it actually sounds, only it’s much better in person of course.
I’ve got some killer Mesas, Marshalls and a Cornford and this amp is as good as anything in the room, brilliant amp.
If you’re considering pulling the trigger based on YT clips, don’t hesitate, it won’t disappoint.
I’ll get some clips up tomorrow.
9A4341EF-18D0-44B6-B73B-CD63A1718EDC.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Congratulations!! That amp is generating a lot of interest and can't wait to hear some clips!
 
@2dor , looking forward to the profiles when you get your hands on one of these bad boys.
 
I like your description of the amp. That’s exactly how I would describe the OR and TH series. They also have a very addicting feel to them.
 
Congrats! Looking forward to those clips. I have the hots for an OR60!
 
These will supposedly take EL34's. That would be interesting to hear!
 
Thanks RR! I should be able to post some tomorrow. It’s worthy of the hype. 🤘🏼
Hell yeah!

I was looking at a guitar magazine today and they had a review for the OR60. They gave it rave reviews and said it is not as fizzy as typical Orange amps. I actually like the Orange tone but cool it leans more chunk.
 
I dig me some Orange flavor guitar tones.
Biggest gripe with the many I had was disappearing in a band mix.
Otherwise, love em.
Must try this one out.
 
Fuck. I'm just about finished pinching pennies for something else, you're not helping me here. That sounds mean!
 
Back
Top