NAD Mesa Triple Rectifier Rev F

^ Could be right. I'll try to remember to pull my Triple out tonight and can post up the transformer codes for comparison, though that's not necessarily definitive. I think it's odd that all the prior big-trannied Mesa amps (Mark Coliseums, D180, Strategy 400, 400+, etc.) have only 4 and 8 ohm outputs, but every Rev. F Triple Recto I've seen has dedicated 4, 8, and 16 ohm outputs. It's definitely possible that 1) Mesa just wasn't using all of the taps on those earlier amps or 2) Mesa just labeled some taps 8 ohm and other 16 ohms to make us feel better, even though they're both really the same thing?

EDIT: did a little more reading; looks like the Rev F Triple may have either the 561136 power transformer (like the Mark III/IVa) or a 561140 power transformer (like the Mark IVb and Rev. G Triple). Info on the output transformers seems harder to come by. One guy says either the 562181, which I think is what Rev G triples have (I'll try to check tonight) or 562161, which I can't find any information about and Tube Amp Doctor doesn't have a transformer with that part number.

And as a side note, at least according to Tube Amp Doctor, the 562180 transformer was for the Strategy 400 and has only 4 and 8 ohm taps. This may be the Mark III Coliseum OT (non-simulclass), but I can't find any info on that. But the 562181 OT has 4, 8, and 16 ohm taps and seems to have been used in the Rev G Triples.

cardinal":199rqm9c said:
^ Could be right. I'll try to remember to pull my Triple out tonight and can post up the transformer codes for comparison, though that's not necessarily definitive. I think it's odd that all the prior big-trannied Mesa amps (Mark Coliseums, D180, Strategy 400, 400+, etc.) have only 4 and 8 ohm outputs, but every Rev. F Triple Recto I've seen has dedicated 4, 8, and 16 ohm outputs. It's definitely possible that 1) Mesa just wasn't using all of the taps on those earlier amps or 2) Mesa just labeled some taps 8 ohm and other 16 ohms to make us feel better, even though they're both really the same thing?

EDIT: did a little more reading; looks like the Rev F Triple may have either the 561136 power transformer (like the Mark III/IVa) or a 561140 power transformer (like the Mark IVb and Rev. G Triple). Info on the output transformers seems harder to come by. One guy says either the 562181, which I think is what Rev G triples have (I'll try to check tonight) or 562161, which I can't find any information about and Tube Amp Doctor doesn't have a transformer with that part number.

And as a side note, at least according to Tube Amp Doctor, the 562180 transformer was for the Strategy 400 and has only 4 and 8 ohm taps. This may be the Mark III Coliseum OT (non-simulclass), but I can't find any info on that. But the 562181 OT has 4, 8, and 16 ohm taps and seems to have been used in the Rev G Triples.

Would be cool if you could look at the transformers of your Triple rectifier tonight! Do you also have a Rev F? I took mine outside today, and it has indeed a 16, 8 and two 4 ohm outputs at the back.
I tried to read the numbers on the transformers, but with the tubes in it was pretty hard. Seen from the back, the transformer on the left has indeed the number 562181 on there! So the transformer is also used in the Rev F Triples, at least in mine!

Here are some pics I took today

reverymike":2tdckv5i said:
What year did they start making the Triples?? I didn't think they made them until much later than '92.

I don't know when they started making the Triple, I guess alongside the duals? According to the serial no. this one was made in '92 as far as I know. Anyone who can chip in on this one? :)

Terex":36g9qt1a said:
Strungup, you pm'd me, but I can't reply just yet, as I am a new member..

The serial no. is R-001961 and it's wired for 230 volts, so my guess is that it's a export model, manufactured for the European market. Is this the amp you once had? :)

Thanks for the reply. No that was not the one I had but it wasn't to far from yours based on the serial number. Enjoy the amp :thumbsup:

Terex":2nmplvl5 said:
reverymike":2nmplvl5 said:
What year did they start making the Triples?? I didn't think they made them until much later than '92.

I don't know when they started making the Triple, I guess alongside the duals? According to the serial no. this one was made in '92 as far as I know. Anyone who can chip in on this one? :)

I'm not a rectifier expert but I believe that they started producing the Triple in '92 or '93, several years after the first duals. My serial number is lower than yours but I've been told that mine is a '93, first year production, rev F. I haven't verified that, and I see people talking about '92 triples all of the time so who knows. And who cares? it's just one year, haha. I should check the numbers on the transformers someday

Ok, for those interested, my blackface/chrome chassis Rev G Triple is dated 6/2000 in the chassis and has a 562181 OT, 561140 PT (I believe the Mark IVb PT), and 550381 choke.

cardinal":1x5qz9rv said:
Ok, for those interested, my blackface/chrome chassis Rev G Triple is dated 6/2000 in the chassis and has a 562181 OT, 561140 PT (I believe the Mark IVb PT), and 550381 choke.

Whats the serial no.? Mine has the same 562181 OT, I'll try to check the other numbers as well, just so hard to read with the tubes in there.
Has anyone here contacted Mesa before? I want to email them with the question if they maybe know more or have information, but I can't find a emailaddress on their website.

Terex":f4nsx9mq said:
cardinal":f4nsx9mq said:

Whats the serial no.? Mine has the same 562181 OT, I'll try to check the other numbers as well, just so hard to read with the tubes in there.
Has anyone here contacted Mesa before? I want to email them with the question if they maybe know more or have information, but I can't find a emailaddress on their website.

I'll try to remember to post up the serial number. It's not going to be close to yours at all. June 2000 would be within the last few months of the Rev G production, right before the switch to the 3-channel Rectos. There would be about 7 or 8 years in between our amps.

To contact Mesa via email, I think you use the form at the bottom of this page: http://www.mesaboogie.com/US/info.html

And I don't see how you'd be able to read the numbers off the power transformer without just pulling the chassis out of the headshell. Even with the tubes out, it's dark in there and the writing isn't exactly easy to read even when well lit. But, the PT is going to be either the 561136 or 561140. If it sounds good to you, then I wouldn't really worry about which one it is.

cardinal":zn6dqtir said:
Terex":zn6dqtir said:
cardinal":zn6dqtir said:

I'll try to remember to post up the serial number. It's not going to be close to yours at all. June 2000 would be within the last few months of the Rev G production, right before the switch to the 3-channel Rectos. There would be about 7 or 8 years in between our amps.

To contact Mesa via email, I think you use the form at the bottom of this page: http://www.mesaboogie.com/US/info.html

And I don't see how you'd be able to read the numbers off the power transformer without just pulling the chassis out of the headshell. Even with the tubes out, it's dark in there and the writing isn't exactly easy to read even when well lit. But, the PT is going to be either the 561136 or 561140. If it sounds good to you, then I wouldn't really worry about which one it is.

Thanks for the info and the emailaddress!

It sounds great to me, absolutely no complaints what so ever, it's my dream amp and dream tone! :thumbsup: But I thought it was a '92, but now I here it can be a '93 or even later, I just want to know what it is haha

Mesa Triple Rectifier RevF s# 72x
PT "561156" "606-232" 10/92
OT "562181 "606-233"
Choke 9/92

Attachments

• inside messa.JPG
    inside messa.JPG
    428 KB · Views: 7,368
  • inside mesa.JPG
    inside mesa.JPG
    376.8 KB · Views: 7,372
  • 10003882_10202506879367110_751197177_n.jpg
    10003882_10202506879367110_751197177_n.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 7,309
Terex":wu2rk7v9 said:

It sounds great to me, absolutely no complaints what so ever, it's my dream amp and dream tone! :thumbsup: But I thought it was a '92, but now I here it can be a '93 or even later, I just want to know what it is haha

Just say that it's a '69 ;)

And nice amp xiwiwix!!

xiwiwix":risyk17k said:
OT "562181 "606-233"
Choke 9/92

You're sure that's 561156 and not 561136 for the PT?

Terex":2960dsnk said:
cardinal":2960dsnk said:
Terex":2960dsnk said:
cardinal":2960dsnk said:

If you pull it out of the headshell, there's almost surely a date written in there with a permanent marker. But Mesa should have the records, too.

Congrats on the amp, I've recently been looking for this very amp!

I just bought two blackface dual recs, serial R-001544 and picking up R0683 on sunday!

Enjoy the amp! I hope I find one this clean someday!

Cheers!~

cardinal":2sgt4y2r said:
xiwiwix":2sgt4y2r said:
OT "562181 "606-233"
Choke 9/92

You're sure that's 561156 and not 561136 for the PT?

The pictures verify.. ?

Right now, the amp is in a spot that would take an hour of moving things back and forth to get too, so I can't look at it right now.
But look at the other number "606-232", isn't that an odd ball as well?

DiezelMonster":33jiytih said:
Congrats on the amp, I've recently been looking for this very amp!

I just bought two blackface dual recs, serial R-001544 and picking up R0683 on sunday!

Enjoy the amp! I hope I find one this clean someday!

Cheers!~

Right on, two Blackfaces!! So a Rev D and Rev F? Make sure you post a NAD thread when you get it ;)

Back