NAD.......

troublehead

Arrived just as I was leaving for work :doh:

Small head shell Super Comp serial #1 and SB25 cab. Let the Splawn bashing begin :gethim:

020-3.jpg

021-2.jpg

shreder75":39q5iw2a said:
Vrad":39q5iw2a said:
Nice!
You should take pics of it holding open all the doors in your home.

It is the perfect size after all :)

"You think it would sound the best holding the kitchen door open? Or the door to the bathroom?"

Face the speaker down the kitchen sink and it sounds great come from the upstairs bathroom sink. No more weird mids.

Kerry King recorded his "solo" for "Fight for Your Right" in a small bathroom. I say go with the bathroom.

Congrats on the new amp!

Randy Van Sykes":eup2t41g said:
Face the speaker down the kitchen sink and it sounds great come from the upstairs bathroom sink. No more weird mids.

14611.jpg

He's Canadian too...

troublehead":1ar0r5bf said:

Small head shell Super Comp serial #1 and SB25 cab. Let the Splawn bashing begin :gethim:

020-3.jpg

021-2.jpg

Had no idea Splawn was doing a mini head. Curious to hear your review on this one.

tweed":nw9jd4kz said:
troublehead":nw9jd4kz said:

020-3.jpg

021-2.jpg

Had no idea Splawn was doing a mini head. Curious to hear your review on this one.

Nothing mini except the size..........still 50 watts.

OK........I snuck back home for a quickie. I'm going to honest and say that I owned an early Pro Mod and a Competition as well that I never quite bonded with. In fact, I didn't like the Competition at all.........the Pro Mod was workable. So I've always sensed a smidgen of truth in all the "wierd mids", "doorstop", etc....stuff. I'll leave it at that

But I threw this thing on top of my Greenback loaded 4x12, set all knobs at noon, kicked on OD1, cranked it up and hit a big open G chord :rock: This amp is really a homerun. And I would be honest if it was just a NAD gloat. I read alot of posts about people hating the Nitro, but I don't see how that is possible........unless Scott has tweaked the amp recently. Maybe its the EL34's in this thing. I don't know, but I love it and I just sent a thank you e-mail to Scott and even admitted to him that I wasn't the biggest fan of the other Splawn's I have owned.

I don't expect it to replace my Morris Perplex'd, but it is equally as good..........just different flavors.

I'll put up some clips as soon as I get the time.

Congrats...cool looking little rig! FWIW, I liked the Nitro and QR alot when I spent some time with them.

Mr. Willy":lzmvtvsh said:
Kerry King recorded his "solo" for "Fight for Your Right" in a small bathroom. I say go with the bathroom.

Congrats on the new amp!
I concur. Bathroom acoustics is the way to go :thumbsup:

HNAD! Clips?

Back