NEW Epiphone Inspired by Gibson Custom Guitars - Full 2024 Lineup Reveal

I'm gonna need someone to send me that white ES for testing. Now on my short list....

You know they are gonna want a damn fortune for these. I"m guessing 1500+

About damn time too. I still might choose an Edwards instead....

Just remember guys:

iT's NoT a ReAl GiBsUn

That guy does the same stupid hand gesture about 15-16 times in the first five minutes. That's as far as I made it. I can tell this dude is insufferable to be around. Also insufferable to watch. Guitars look cool though.
After reading your post you can’t un-see this!!! I’m afraid I’m going to be doing that all day long now!

The ES version has good factory wiring You get custom buckers and you get a hardshell case. The nut is graph tech. The finish looks like trash in the pics which is the worst part on the red IMO. If it's just gonna be poly make it shiny poly so I'd say that's the only downside:

https://www.americanmusical.com/epiphone-1959-es-355-guitar/p/EPI-EC35559-CRGH1?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic shopping&utm_campaign=surfaces across google&src=Y0802G00SRCHCAPN&adpos=&scid=scplpEPI EC35559 CRGH1&sc_intid=EPI EC35559 CRGH1&src=W2303PMXMGOGPMAX&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgdmM9YurhQMV-MvCBB3OEAaMEAQYBCABEgInM_D_BwE

For $1300 I can shop Edwards or Seventy Seven guitars and put the pickups I have/want in for a few more bucks. Seventy Seven has an advertised micarta fretboard which is kind of interesting. This is competitive though and I think they were losing that market share previously because none of their 335's and other ES shapes have electronics in them from the factory worth a damn. Some ok pickups but always unreliable jacks, pots, switches.

Pretty sure these ES bodies are coming off the same or similar machine that appears in an Epi factory tour on youtube. They are actually a pretty amazing piece of equipment and the Sheraton I had was done really well. Gibsons factory ES' are priced so high now it's a good time for this. They will reap profits since no Japan shipping needed on your purchase.

@ things always bug me about epiphones these days - their fretboards and their finishes on burst style guitars. They always just look plastic-y to me, and I can't get into them.

The customs. on the other hand, look great! Worth the $500 up charge from the year before for the pickups, MOP, and case as well as the Gibson headstock? That's kind of a tough pill to swallow, but the whole industry seems to be moving towards a much higher priced mid level.

Just remember guys:

iT's NoT a ReAl GiBsUn
These are really just Gibsons with an Epiphone waterslide on the headstock. They make so much money on the over marked up Gibson line so now they are trying to get even more money from poorer, Epi consumers by making them pay more than they would usually pay for a EPi guitar.:p

These are really just Gibsons with an Epiphone waterslide on the headstock. They make so much money on the over marked up Gibson line so now they are trying to get even more money from poorer, Epi consumers by making them pay more than they would usually pay for a EPi guitar.:p
I guess I was being selfish and only thinking of me. The problem has been there are basically no mid priced ES335 style guitars available here in the states with decent electronics for someone who needs a disposable gigging guitar so this is a pretty competitive buy for a guy like me. Unless you are willing to tear it apart yourself and do the fishing to put it all back together it's pricey as heck to have all the ES guts swapped out.

I'm honestly more interested in whether the Emily Wolfe white wolfe Sheraton still has a real five piece Sheraton neck because if so I would say it's probably the better deal at $900. No H/C though. The five piece Sheraton neck is an incredible neck, super stable, it just had a too big headstock that created neck dive.

I think it’s clear what’s happening is American manufacturers like Gibson are having to find ways to make American customers adapt to permanently paying much higher prices for what were once cheap imports. These guitars will now occupy the pricing position that entry level American made guitars were in previously. So now they’re willing, after decades, to put the actual headstock shape on them and offer some new appointments that bring them a little closer.

This was always the inevitable result of outsourcing for cheap goods, they eventually aren’t cheap anymore. Everyone acted like the party would never end but one by one, from Japan, to Korea, to China and Indonesia the dominoes keep falling.

I like the open book headstock, but im sorry 1500 is too much for an import for me

Also I don't like the finish

Everything else looks great, but theres no way im paying that for a guitar made with 3rd world slave labor. Im sure they play and sound fine, epiphones have gotten a lot better over the years

They can add all the specs they want, if they still feel like every single LP Custom did or the Alex Lifeson model I played in the last month, IDGAF. I’m assuming there’s simply no setup out of the factory on these, they haven’t been at GC long enough for the kids to tear them apart but holy shit. Cosmetically they look fine, but I’ve played about 7 now that just felt like shit. Every single one had a dry fingerboard that squeaked when bending strings.

I’ll continue to play/buy Edwards that are far less quality than Epiphone and no one should bother with them. Ever.

Overseas factories are hitting bars nowadays...
Check on those harley bentons...what do you get for 300$....
The same happens with epi...better stuff with premium prices...they are asking 1.500...you can get "speced" guitars with 300$-500$...
Those idiots at gibson want 1500 for a 300-500 guitar...just because of the epi logo...
No thanks....

Man those are some washed out looking fretboards on those black and white Les Pauls they hand picked for the commercial. If ever there was a guitar suited for a Richlite board, it would have been those Epi Customs.

I think it’s clear what’s happening is American manufacturers like Gibson are having to find ways to make American customers adapt to permanently paying much higher prices for what were once cheap imports. These guitars will now occupy the pricing position that entry level American made guitars were in previously. So now they’re willing, after decades, to put the actual headstock shape on them and offer some new appointments that bring them a little closer.

This was always the inevitable result of outsourcing for cheap goods, they eventually aren’t cheap anymore. Everyone acted like the party would never end but one by one, from Japan, to Korea, to China and Indonesia the dominoes keep falling.

You would not believe how cheap the cost is on guitars from Chinese, Indonesian and even Korean factories. It makes it really hard to purchase.

I'm a snob and told myself I'd never own an Epiphone. But I'm probably in on these exclusives at Zzounds and AMS. For $650 why not?

1_Full_Straight_Front_NA-b774a7902d193588a31e9511ec4e65ea.jpg
1_Full_Straight_Front_NA-4682500f84f42b34d592daac0ddd8197.jpg
1_Full_Straight_Front_NA-4c291b8dbefb97622c8efcab8acaba76.jpg

Back