New Jackson USA Series

So today Jackson announced their new SL3 USA soloist. Looks great. Soooo we now have MIJ and what appears to be a “stripped down” USA- for the same price? My understanding is this is where the made in Japan line fills the void between the pro series and all out USA line starting at $4500ish. I have played and loved Jackson’s for almost 30 years, I own 4 USA models but I can’t understand the logic behind this. Anyone else?

Jackson finally moved the dam volume knob!
What I don't get, maybe someone will explain, why do you need locking tuners when you have a floyd rose and a locking nut?

Put an original FR on it for that price.

I'm a Jackson guitar (some models) fan since the 80's. What Fender did to that brand is horrible. Prices make them unobtainable for USA models.

Jackson finally moved the dam volume knob!
What I don't get, maybe someone will explain, why do you need locking tuners when you have a floyd rose and a locking nut?

Put an original FR on it for that price.

I'm a Jackson guitar (some models) fan since the 80's. What Fender did to that brand is horrible. Prices make them unobtainable for USA models.
The locking tuners just make it easier to change strings. Doesn't help much if at all with tuning stability

Another thing I find interesting is the placement of the truss rod adjustment wheel, which I’m a big fan of. Then they put luminlay, also big fan. It’s like they took the cool things from an $1100 Charvel made in Mexico (killer bang for the buck) but did away with body and head stock binding, no original Floyd and the headstock can’t even say “made in USA”. So those simple features justified an additional two grand this whole time?! Uug 😖

Being owned by Fender, the Jackson brand is probably situated to fill in the gaps around Fender's existing products while maintaining their 'sensibilities'.
Nothing too aggressive to attract unsavory types to the family brand and nothing too "classic" to cannibalize sales from Fender, Charvel and Squire.

Their marketing goons probably study what the competition has and rip on popular design elements.

Tag me if they start making an all mahogany V though.

What irritates me about this is no stainless frets. I mean luminlay are cool but that's really not a huge upgrade. I remember this one guy who used to always be like "I would buy this guitar if it had stainless frets" and it used to irritate the fuck out of me. Now I'm that guy. I just prefer them now. The durability is nice but I also really like the snappy feel of them.

I don't know. I haven't played a US Jackson or a MiJ one. I have only owned the JS, X, and Pro series models. I wish there was some place local to me that I could try a US, MiJ, and a Pro series

What irritates me about this is no stainless frets. I mean luminlay are cool but that's really not a huge upgrade. I remember this one guy who used to always be like "I would buy this guitar if it had stainless frets" and it used to irritate the fuck out of me. Now I'm that guy. I just prefer them now. The durability is nice but I also really like the snappy feel of them.

I don't know. I haven't played a US Jackson or a MiJ one. I have only owned the JS, X, and Pro series models. I wish there was some place local to me that I could try a US, MiJ, and a Pro series
Two of my Les Paul’s are classical nickel frets and all of my customs will soon be jumbo stainless.

There is absolutely no contest how smooth and effortless stainless feels when you play. Yes it adds some extreme treble but it accentuates high output pickups and gives a broader sound that doesn’t sound deadened like nickel. Nickel sounds warmer to my ears but the wear is faster and they would require constant polishing to do what stainless does naturally.

The only thing I hate about stainless is that it will straight chew through some strings that aren’t made for them.

am pretty interested on the new MJ SL2 made in japan.... i gotta couple of jackson stars tonally still cant compare with my Prototype anniversary Shannon soloist ... but these Jackson stars are built with all quality and superb QC.... i am still pretty convinced that i would order my last USA made soloist and i am willing to give the new MJ SL2 a try..... but these MJ SL2 has nothing printed on headstock or back of headstock IE made in japan.... anybody tried the new MJ jackson soloist yet? what are ya views?

Back