New Last in Line song.

Pretty cool!

Something about that vocalist bugs me though, and I can't put my finger on it.

I'd love to hear Robert Mason in that role.

Something about that vocalist bugs me though

This track sounds like the vocalists Mom mixed it. I like his voice but not enough to mix it as loud as his mom did. And now the lead guitar is that loud too. I guess it is just that the rhythm guitars are mixed so low on this.

This track sounds like the vocalists Mom mixed it. I like his voice but not enough to mix it as loud as his mom did. And now the lead guitar is that loud too. I guess it is just that the rhythm guitars are mixed so low on this.
Seems like nobody can just enjoy that these guys put out some cool stuff. When did Rig Talk become so populated with so many accomplished producers that critique every last ounce of a finished product? Oh that's right it's always been like that here...:D

It's all good though and I am glad I could just listen and enjoy it for what it is after all the 80's are not coming back :p

Possibly crank it up on a great sound system and possibly you will have a different perspective?

Last edited:
Pretty cool!

Something about that vocalist bugs me though, and I can't put my finger on it.

I'd love to hear Robert Mason in that role.
Is it Kip Winger? I haven't really thought about it , after your post I listened to the tune and seems as if he pushes at the end of his vocal phrase sounds like Kip Winger? Not that that's bad, definitely reminded me of him tho in that tune. Not sure if I remembered hearing that from him doing the Dio songs.

Seems like nobody can just enjoy that these guys put out some cool stuff. When did Rig Talk become so populated with so many accomplished producers that critique every last ounce of a finished product? Oh that's right it's always been like that here...:D

It's all good though and I am glad I could just listen and enjoy it for what it is after all the 80's are not coming back :p

Possibly crank it up on a great sound system and possibly you will have a different perspective?

You don't have to be an elite chef to recognize good and bad food. You don't have to be grammy winning actor to know the difference between a good and bad actor, or a shitty movie. You don't have to be a pulitzer prize winning author to critique or enjoy a book.

And you don't have to be an accomplished producer to enjoy or dislike a production of an album.

Don't care about the mix per-se. Vocals were good- disliked the harmonies. Drums, Guitar, and Bass were killer. Very Dio inspired, especially the guitar tone IMO.

I liked it. Thought it was mixed more old school where guitars don't have to sound as thick as a bass. They cut. I also like the vocalist but equally love Mason. In fact, this vocalist has a Mason vibe to some of his phrases.

I wonder if people like it less because our ears have now been tuned to more modern sounding production. The drums on this sound like a real kit that has been processed vs a sample. Also helps to have an extremely musical drummer who excels at his craft. The Appice drummers are fantastic. I am sure there probably is some sampling there, but the whole thing sounds authentic to me. This is a band that I'd love to see live in a small venue.

You don't have to be an elite chef to recognize good and bad food. You don't have to be grammy winning actor to know the difference between a good and bad actor, or a shitty movie. You don't have to be a pulitzer prize winning author to critique or enjoy a book.

And you don't have to be an accomplished producer to enjoy or dislike a production of an album.

It is funny to talk about production these days though.. back in the day we would never have said the production sucks on this or that album. We'd usually rate the album based on it's songs. There were some absolutely horribly mixed albums back in the 80's by some pretty big names. By that token, this is a fantastic mix. I get it though, since I set up my own little studio and gear, I have my preferences and don't like a lot of modern mixes.

The vocalist is Andrew Freeman and he kicks ass !
I saw the first Last in Line tour shortly after Jimmy Bain died.
They absolutely tore it up.

I caught Andrew back in the early 2000's when he was out with Lynch Mob.. back then he rocked shorter hair & a bow tie for the stage look. He's a helluva vocalist, and his brother Ray used to TM a lot back in the day - Kings X, Lynch, Eric Gales, etc.

I caught Andrew back in the early 2000's when he was out with Lynch Mob.. back then he rocked shorter hair & a bow tie for the stage look. He's a helluva vocalist, and his brother Ray used to TM a lot back in the day - Kings X, Lynch, Eric Gales, etc.

Oh snap! I didn't realize that was him. That's why I like him.. I remember him and Mason have a few similarities. I think both guys are kick ass. I wish I could find a guy like that who wanted to sing for the crappy songs I write.

Oh wait.. now I can https://soundbetter.com/profiles/368929-andrew-freeman

I'd love to see his rates though. Probably 500 or more a song. Guy is a pro.

Back