NGD: 2015 DGT

mudf00t

I got a sweet deal on this at Woody's Music in Tega Cay, SC.

gaaJWvs.jpg

Bt7w8jZ.jpg

51uUEiO.jpg

0xCGVUi.jpg

It was on consignment by Terrence Young.

Here is a video of him playing the SSB at the Charlotte Hornets game last night

Sweet looking man :thumbsup:

Have fun with it!

I've never been too interested in PRS stuff, but I played a PRS SE 7 string a couple weeks ago and have to say I was impressed. That guitar seemed like a lot of guitar for the money, Played and sounded really nice.

SpiderWars":2h93yq0g said:
That might be my dream PRS. I've always wanted one of those.

I really didn't have the extra cash for it but I was paying off a layaway Fender Elite Strat and I saw it... it's like when you are out and see a super hot girl and you just gotta get her number. :D

They also have an Artist 5 and a PRS Experience in the shop that are gorgeous.

I got a DGT recently, by far my favorite PRS. The pickups are pretty cool, but I am thinking about switching them out. Everybody thinks the DGT pups are the best, but they lack a little punch for me. I have seen people pull the pups and sell them for 400 or 500 bucks! But the neck and playability is great, I love my DGT! Congrats dude. what do you think of the pups?

mooncobra":3qpul73n said:
I got a DGT recently, by far my favorite PRS. The pickups are pretty cool, but I am thinking about switching them out. Everybody thinks the DGT pups are the best, but they lack a little punch for me. I have seen people pull the pups and sell them for 400 or 500 bucks! But the neck and playability is great, I love my DGT! Congrats dude. what do you think of the pups?

They are very PAF sounding don't you think? One of the reasons I have quite a few guitars is that i think they are like wrenches of all sizes. They all fit somewhere for me. This guitar is a blues rock machine. I am fine with the pickups. :) Honestly, the only guitars I ever change pickups in are cheap ones.

Sweet. I've owned 2 DGT's. If I got another I think I'd swap the bridge humbucker, it's a bit loose for harder rock or metal. When I played it on it's own I thought it was ok but next to other guitars I could hear how it's wasn't as tight for chunk. Grissom did want these pups to sound like his Gibson 335. But the neck pickup I loved since it was soo woolly and thick.

danyeo":osdy1kqy said:
Sweet. I've owned 2 DGT's. If I got another I think I'd swap the bridge humbucker, it's a bit loose for harder rock or metal. When I played it on it's own I thought it was ok but next to other guitars I could hear how it's wasn't as tight for chunk. Grissom did want these pups to sound like his Gibson 335. But the neck pickup I loved since it was soo woolly and thick.

Yup, I feel the same way. I like to be able to palm mute the E string and get a tight punchy response. The DGT pups sound good no doubt, but I would like a little more punch. And yes, the neck pup is amazing!

Back