NGD '86 King V

Love it, absolutely kills. The layout for me is simple perfection. Like the inside rf shielding? They definitely went the extra mile back then. I can seriously feel/hear the quality. I bet the vibe at the factory was unreal back in the day.
That's killer. Me likey.

I love the V so much in the looks Department I never got along with playing one, I play sitting down a lot and it just didn't work for me. It was frustrating because I just love them. Congratulations that's a badass looking guitar!

I play standing up but I keep thinking for the V's out there it would be nice if someone could come up with an 'attachment' to then rest guitar on leg. Like a paint safe clip on thing.

Nice!! I know your stoked on that addition, looking at the bridge, the break angle of the strings has to be an advantage. Cheers 🍻 and congrats

First let me thank SBlue for his efforts, I am very grateful my friend thank you very much. Asa I saw this I knew I may not see another. From '86 all original serial# J2XXX play is fast as it looks. Typical speed neck w/no trem similar to a mustaine spec but with 22 frets that I like better for a few reasons. When I pulled her out of the case it was noticeably heavy and speaks to the old school quality of tone woods. There may be a few that reflect how much better the ebony was back then, very dense.View attachment 136297View attachment 136300View attachment 136309View attachment 136306View attachment 136312View attachment 136315View attachment 136318View attachment 136321
🤤

King Vs are such comfortable guitars to play. The feel, balance and playability are exceptional. I’m a Kahler fanboi too, so this is amazing. The 3310 was a very special bridge.

I was nervous about the bridge actually being a trem when I first saw the guitar. When I saw there was no locking nut in the pics I knew...makes me curious when they started to produce the 3310 J2XXX is early production.

No clue, I could guess but that's all it would be. I need build data and would have to try to track it down. I still might do that. My guess is neck through eastern hard rock maple with poplar or alder sides, no scarf joint? Another guess is it was and more likely a custom shop and that wouldn't suck, it effin kills😎

No clue, I could guess but that's all it would be. I need build data and would have to try to track it down. I still might do that. My guess is neck through eastern hard rock maple with poplar or alder sides, no scarf joint? Another guess is it was and more likely a custom shop and that wouldn't suck, it effin kills😎

those wood combinations would be my guess as well, and if it's a custom shop model, that would rule. I have a tobacco sunburst kv2 that has a few imperfections in the finish and I'm debating about going for a refinish - see through red, or a solid white like your setup.

Back