NGD - Alex Skolnick LTD

  • Thread starter Thread starter metalmaniac93
  • Start date Start date
metalmaniac93

metalmaniac93

Well-known member
Just picked this up from Sweetwater!!! I have to say that the Koreans make some great guitars for the price!!! First time owning an LTD.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9541.jpeg
    IMG_9541.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 198
  • IMG_9542.jpeg
    IMG_9542.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 117
congrats! looks nice. funny timing I was just looking at these as he uploaded a new solo to yt a day or so ago
 
I had one years back.... great guitar for the money for sure. And if I remember correctly... much chunkier neck than most those ESP Eclipse's...japan or korean made.... which is a good thing imo.
 
That guitar is pretty sweet looking!

Alex is one of my favorite guitar players as well as Testament so I could see myself owning this guitar :cool:

I hope you have many years of fun playing that one!
 
I had one years back.... great guitar for the money for sure. And if I remember correctly... much chunkier neck than most those ESP Eclipse's...japan or korean made.... which is a good thing imo.
Yeah, its a chunky "U" neck profile. Not a baseball bat by any means, but beefy.

Here's 3 I've had and sold... I sold that Silverburst 10 years ago for $649. That was probably my favorite, (I've had each model twice)..

oitruuwn4mnbvmqwu41w.jpg
x0ucgcgvtko5bxammkul.jpg
ty6i9lwobn2arml2hrqo.jpg
 
I REALLY like the specs, but 2k for LTD sounds weird. How does the quality compare to the new EII-s?
 
it's too bad Skolnik's middle name is not Steven.
We'd have a more interesting name of the ESP LTD Alex Skolnik AS-1.
 
yeah, i thought he might've been a little sloshed on booz. Is that what you mean?
 
yeah, i thought he might've been a little sloshed on booz. Is that what you mean?
No, he's got the ego of DLR but with a mean disposition.

Only guitarists like Blackmore can get away with that kind of attitude.
 
That sucks. I've only heard him when he was in a good mood. Hopefully it was just an off day for him.
 
That sucks. I've only heard him when he was in a good mood. Hopefully it was just an off day for him.
Don't get me wrong, I think he plays and sounds great. And the guitars look super as well, would love to own one.
 
I love Skolnick's playing, but when I hear him talk, he sounds like a moron.

That guitar is awesome BTW. If like the exact guitar with a TOM.
 

Similar threads

dooredge
Replies
4
Views
327
dooredge
dooredge
ultimatemetalguitartones
Replies
11
Views
381
ultimatemetalguitartones
ultimatemetalguitartones
SFW
Replies
8
Views
478
VonBonfire
V
Harry Dunne
Replies
0
Views
207
Harry Dunne
Harry Dunne
Back
Top