NGD: LTD EC-1000T CTM

madrigal77

I actually got this a couple of weeks ago, but wanted to wait until I had some mods done to post it. It came with direct mount Fluence Open Core Classics, which I wasn't a big fan of. I had some pickup rings and an EMG 57/66 set installed, and now it's much better. Has a full thickness body with binding on the back and stainless steel frets.

I've seen some people say that these 1000 series are as good as the ESP standard series, but I don't think so. My ESP is definitely a step up in built quality. That said, I actually like the way this one sounds and plays more with the SS frets and FT body. Loving the top on it too!!

4782-B707-DC16-478-D-B23-C-3-F12-F610-A057.jpg

PmT9YYJ0VQxs.jpg

I really dig those korean made LTD's. I've got a 2004 Viper 400 that I love, and I used to have a 1000 that was killer as well, it had a set of 57/66's.

I stand corrected. Not all of the "T" models are chambered apparently, only some of them. I don't get the model numbers though. The OP's guitar is a EC-1000T CTM. The red with gold hardware one is also a EC-1000T CTM but is chambered.

I stand corrected. Not all of the "T" models are chambered apparently, only some of them. I don't get the model numbers though. The OP's guitar is a EC-1000T CTM. The red with gold hardware one is also a EC-1000T CTM but is chambered.
Oh, wow. Looks like we were both partially wrong, then.

I didn't know, TBH. I honestly don't see why. Even the heaviest EC's I've tried have been lighter than most Les Pauls. I think it may have to do with the type of mahogany they use. Pretty sure it's not the same species Gibson use.

But yeah, as the OP says, his weighs 8.5 lb and it's not chambered. Seems pretty light for a non-chambered full-size singlecut.

Last edited:
Oh, wow. Looks like we were both partially wrong, then.

I didn't know, TBH. I honestly don't see why. Even the heaviest EC's I've tried have been lighter than most Les Pauls. I think it may have to do with the type of mahogany they use. Pretty sure it's not the same species Gibson use.

But yeah, as the OP says, his weighs 8.5 lb and it's not chambered. Seems pretty light for a non-chambered full-size singlecut.
That's what I was thinking considering my Epi '59 is 9lbs 9oz

My Epi '59 is on the lighter side (for a Les Paul), but I've never weighted it. Definitely under 9 pounts.

But my Gibson is noticeably lighter. But it has the ultra modern weight relief and also a thinner body (it's a Tribute), so that explains it.

I used to have an EC-401 that was freakishly light. Light it wasn't even there. Lightest guitar I've ever owned. Or tried, even. It sounded pretty cool too, so who knows what was up with that.

How do you like the Gotoh 510 bridge in your Eclipse? I was looking at those, but sadly, they don't offer posts that fit Nashville inserts. Love Gotoh stuff, but the 510 is just on another level.

How do you like the Gotoh 510 bridge in your Eclipse? I was looking at those, but sadly, they don't offer posts that fit Nashville inserts. Love Gotoh stuff, but the 510 is just on another level.
Love it! Even the saddles lock down. I have the 510 tuners on it too. 21:1 gear ratio. Ultra smooth and accurate.

Back