NGD. Suhr modern

Pwurst67

Bought this for myself. Hey , I’ve been good all year. Ha

Attachments

• FA6BFB00-4DF6-49B5-AE5A-8561C94986A8.jpeg
    FA6BFB00-4DF6-49B5-AE5A-8561C94986A8.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 452
Good luck ever buying another brand of guitar again :) Easily my favorite brand. I’ve got a Modern and a Pro S3.

Beautiful! I've never had a chance to even handle or play a Suhr guitar. I'm sure it's great. Congrats!

Thanks guys. It’s my second one. The first one was a satin that I didn’t bond with but I figuired I’d try one again. I found a suhr black limba that was stunning and played amazing. Went back the next day to buy it and it sold over night. . So when I came across this I wasn’t letting another slip by .. love the neck and the Pau Ferro board :rock:

Great-looking guitar, man. Congrats!

Funny, I went the other way 'round to you. I had a Bengal Burst Modern Pro with the same PU config as you, but I found it a tad harsh and "scratchy" using the bridge 'bucker. The middle SC was superb for chimney stuff, and the neck delivered a great jazzy sound, but it all came down to that bridge HB for me. I called the guitar "Chimey".

I ended up with "Woody", Chimey's friend:
Same PU config on a Modern Satin. Basically 2/3 the price but with a whole-lot more character to my ears. Arguably too-woody a sound for an "only" guitar, which is why I'm gonna pair it with a Luke II. If I ever need full-on-woody tones 'though, I'll reach for this baby.

Ironic that the Satin is, AFAIK, the cheapest of all Suhr guitars, and yet for me personally it shat all over the Pro. The finish is shite in comparison, of course, and the body sure could use some shaping; it looks almost like it was cut out of a lump of mahogany with a bandsaw and used as-is. It also looks anaemic to me and I'll definitely stain it darker at some point. Oh, and the neck feels s-l-o-w compared to that greased-lightnin' thing on the Pro, but I'm not a shredder (I wish!), so I figure I'll get used to it and it'll do. Sound has to be my #1 priority 'cause it's for recording.

Each to his own, of course, so I'm stoked for you that you've bonded with the Pro. Awesome, man! :rock:

Back