NGD - These Things Are Like Pringles

Nitrobattery

Well, it happened again.

Just got this thing and immediately fell in love with the neck. I had been a little fearful that the Even C Slim profile would be a little thinner than I'd like on this style of guitar, but it's incredibly comfortable. Just a really great sounding, great playing guitar. It looks nice too. :)

ZoeTcx.jpg

ZoekgH.jpg

ZoeRHk.jpg

Zoe631.jpg

Zoer5a.jpg

Photographing finishes like that is hard. I'm guessing it really looks nice in person.

The Even C Slim name for that profile is a bit deceiving. My PT has that neck shape and it's wonderful.

Photographing finishes like that is hard. I'm guessing it really looks nice in person.

The Even C Slim name for that profile is a bit deceiving. My PT has that neck shape and it's wonderful.

Yeah it looks great, it's just a sneaky one to capture. And 100% about the neck profile.

That's a beautiful guitar. Congratulations!

I've only had the SSH plus bridge pickup. How does the regular version sound?

I actually like the SSH a lot. The SSH+ is great (it's what's in the bridge of my Modern) but it has this kind of honky midrange character to it. It's cool, and makes it cut in a mix, but it's not my favorite sound. The hotter, overwound Aldrich tames that, but it's a pretty hot pickup. I have that in the Ian Thornley model and it rips, but I do like having the option to put it in parallel to drop the output a bit when needed. The SSH sounds like a slightly lower output Aldrich. It's a little more even through the mids, but still a modern voiced pickup.

I actually like the SSH a lot. The SSH+ is great (it's what's in the bridge of my Modern) but it has this kind of honky midrange character to it. It's cool, and makes it cut in a mix, but it's not my favorite sound. The hotter, overwound Aldrich tames that, but it's a pretty hot pickup. I have that in the Ian Thornley model and it rips, but I do like having the option to put it in parallel to drop the output a bit when needed. The SSH sounds like a slightly lower output Aldrich. It's a little more even through the mids, but still a modern voiced pickup.

I'd like to hear one.

It looks like you might have the same preference I do about the volume knob so close to the damn bridge pickup on the classic models.

I'd like to hear one.

It looks like you might have the same preference I do about the volume knob so close to the damn bridge pickup on the classic models.
It took me a while to get used to a volume next to a 5-way like the flame natural above. I go to swell the volume off real fast and woopsie...my fingers wrapped around the volume and flipped the switch.

Just play the beginning of the lead to Somebody Get Me a Doctor 100x and that problem is cured. :LOL:

I'd like to hear one.

I call it my Idiot Mod. I have to do it to all of my Strat style guitars so I don't bonk it with my hand and turn the volume off on myself.

Though, I'm sure many would argue that turning the volume off would be a vast improvement over me having it on.

Back