Non-minty amps... how come?

tubortski

Not everyone is in need of a smoke-free, never gigged, bought 2 months ago, will ship in original box kinda amp. Perhaps: This amp has been gigged in smoke filled clubs. My cat peed on it a little. It's missing a couple knobs. I leave my beers on top. It does sounds really good and has never let me down.

Just sayin...

So something like this then? "It has minor vomit stains, but has new tubes and will throw in a bottle of febreeze" :thumbsup:

I can live with cat pee... but smoke is a no go. Especially that thick musty sh!t that 5 sheets of Bounce and bottle of Febreeze after being aired outside for 3 days can't tame.
:no: :aww: :scared:

stacks of amps sitting on cardboard ToneShims™, so the feet don't mark up the Tolex.......that's a bit anal. the minty fresh Birkenstock and khaki crowd likes it though.

steve_k":3535zr3u said:
stacks of amps sitting on cardboard ToneShims™, so the feet don't mark up the Tolex.......that's a bit anal. the minty fresh Birkenstock and khaki crowd likes it though.

Also makes reselling easier. Said the pot to the kettle.

-I avoid "minty" like the wet spot, these "MINTY PEOPLE" are not my people!!!.. -NO OFFENSE if your MINTY!!- I come from a place far, far away, from a time long, long ago, where everyone smoked, every where we went, there was no place ya couldn't,... And we drank, but only when we smoked, so we smoked all the time, at work, on our way to work, leaving work, while driving the kids to school.. Oh!!!-(check this out)-And it wasnt bad!!!! no one thought you needed help, or wanted to cut your dogs balls off!!! -WTF!!!!- watch some old Johny Carson, every single person has a smoke in one hand, a drink in the other,.... we smoked, drank, drove a car with no seatbelts or airbags, full of kids a dog with balls that never had one vaccination to do stuff, with other unti-minty people, real people....

Sick. I like it. I wonder what GWAR amps look like after a tour...

errrrrl":2chtaj8g said:
So something like this then? "It has minor vomit stains, but has new tubes and will throw in a bottle of febreeze" :thumbsup:

Dude, I KNOW!!! I have heard it's worse with the other kind of smoke ;)

Wizard of Ozz":1h197q0x said:
I can live with cat pee... but smoke is a no go. Especially that thick musty sh!t that 5 sheets of Bounce and bottle of Febreeze after being aired outside for 3 days can't tame.
:no: :aww: :scared:

I was always curious about the comfort of Birkenstock's...........nah, fuck that.

steve_k":g61lydfv said:

Real people and dogs with balls, for the win.

Hey, man. Minty shit is cool, too, like undies and sushi.

End thread.

sg guy":1clfrzff said:
-I avoid "minty" like the wet spot, these "MINTY PEOPLE" are not my people!!!.. -NO OFFENSE if your MINTY!!- I come from a place far, far away, from a time long, long ago, where everyone smoked, every where we went, there was no place ya couldn't,... And we drank, but only when we smoked, so we smoked all the time, at work, on our way to work, leaving work, while driving the kids to school.. Oh!!!-(check this out)-And it wasnt bad!!!! no one thought you needed help, or wanted to cut your dogs balls off!!! -WTF!!!!- watch some old Johny Carson, every single person has a smoke in one hand, a drink in the other,.... we smoked, drank, drove a car with no seatbelts or airbags, full of kids a dog with balls that never had one vaccination to do stuff, with other unti-minty people, real people....

I remembrr years ago there was an old JMP 100 master model at the local shop. It was white. It used to be white, now it was nicotine white, but dang that amp was awesome sounding!

Yeah, I'm down for good to decent condition, I could give a shit about "MINTY". It more about sound, and less about looks. If it's non-functional even better, means I'll get it for cheap, and fix it myself.

i find the faction of members here with walls of 3k amps in pristine condition that never leave the house scary.

i go out, play shows, have fun, drink beer and whisky and turn up loud.

life is short. have some fun.

If it's something I really want, I could care less if it's beat up,as long as it works and I get it for a good price.

And IMO,an old hot rodded Marshall thats in a beat up head shell that smokes any of the newer Marshalls is total boner material.

Smoke sets off my asthma. And, while an amp that smells of smoke will not actually set it off, it does make me a bit uncomfortable. To the degree I tend to stay away from it.

Other stuff doesn't bother me. Getting something in "minty" condition is nice when it happens, but it's not a requirement. If I can find the gear I need, in the price range I can afford, I don't mind putting in some "sweat equity" to restore it.

The gear is meant to be used but, I get the "home player" thing. I remember bringing home all the gear from a house gig we had back in the 80's..We were there for about a year and this was when everyone smoked in the clubs etc. I didn't notice it when we first loaded everything into the front room of the house for inventory (PA,Lights,amps etc,etc) but! The next morning the whole house smelled like a huge over flowing ashtray and it was disgusting!.. I'm a smoker and couldn't stand it,wife was pissed (non smoker) lol!! Anyways...funny now but..not at the time.. :doh:

Some people are just flat out anal about their gear. Almost like it's furniture or something.

Back