Official Car Thread

1973. For whatever reason, that year just grabbed me when I was young. So many killer, killer cars in this thread!
Yeah, I hear you. 40 years ago I had a 73 Espirit with the 350/4bbl. I put the Ram Air on it hoping it would make a big difference in the performance, but it just let it bark the tires in 2nd, then back to bogging out on the Q-Jet. Oh well, when I do a Gen II bird, I'll make sure to get the right engine going first! LOL

Reactions: PDC
this should be getting to me sometime next week

XjCK0rt.jpg

6XwSyeS.jpg
Donk mobile - much respect

:yes:

The TA heads to the body shop tomorrow for new paint & stripes on the hood and trunk lid. After it's done, I take the 69 Bird in for the complete "down to bare metal" paint job, new weatherstripping and new logos.
http://www.scumbackspeakers.com/98ta/98TransAm.jpg
98TransAm.jpg

Since we haven't had a vacation since October 2019, fixing up the cars became a priority.
Awesome. My first real car was a '68 Firebird 350 that fixed up then smashed up :(

I was all set to buy a '98-01 Trans Am about a year ago (which I've wanted for 20 years) but ended up taking on a project for my dad to fix up his Bullitt that had gotten neglected over the years.

Awesome. My first real car was a '68 Firebird 350 that fixed up then smashed up :(

I was all set to buy a '98-01 Trans Am about a year ago (which I've wanted for 20 years) but ended up taking on a project for my dad to fix up his Bullitt that had gotten neglected over the years.
Whoops, sorry about the 68! Yeah, I really wanted the 99 Trans Am 30th Anniversary, but everyone complains about the T-Tops leaking and the door panels cracking. This 98 is a creampuff. I think it has every available option plus a new Alpine sound system with a subwoofer and 12 speakers, Bluetooth, etc. Bought it with 27k original miles, got just over 34k on it now 6 years later. Had my Vette mechanic do all the service work and a tune up before we moved to AZ. It's never run better. The stripes on the hood and trunk cracked and peeled, so that's what's getting redone. Not sure what we'll do after the 69 gets repainted...sold the 99 Pewter Corvette, so there is one extra garage space...LOL

How do you like it? I've been curious about those...
It’s been great! I got the 6MT so I haven’t had to deal with a shudder that the autos have issues with.

With 100 octane, a good tune, and some drag radials it should be a 10 second car.

It also handles great….it’s on the Camaro chassis and has the mag ride.

Back