Official Car Thread

^ Are you changing the color. Paint looks pretty flawless as is.
No, I'm still going with Cameo White, although it does have a new red vinyl top now. The paint was so/so when I got it and it's started to show primer through in a couple of spots (poor prep). I'm getting the whole car taken down to the metal, fix a couple of previous repairs, then repainted, rehang the doors and new weatherstripping.

Cadillac ATS-V with a bit over 500HP to the wheels 🤘Handles like a go kart!

Attachments

• Attach103647_20190422_181021.jpg
    Attach103647_20190422_181021.jpg
    709.8 KB · Views: 66
  • c55b6a31360870f3bde6517369523d62b7749788-3S_1280.jpg
    c55b6a31360870f3bde6517369523d62b7749788-3S_1280.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
I used to have a Datsun 280Z smallblock conversion. That thing had a real squirrelly rear end and would fish tail real easy so I sold it before I killed myself. :LOL:

I drive for work and get reimbursed so my car has to be functional and somewhat economical. So a very boring Subaru Outback works for now. Bought it last July 4th weekend...>38k miles already.

I don't know much about cars but I am considering buying something with a little power for once in my life. What would you recommend? Not really looking for anything too insane or out of my price range.

I don't mind something used but preferably I'm looking for something with 50k miles or less, 2016 or newer and $30k or less.

Was looking at the Cliche Challenger R/T or Camaro 1LT or something if I can find one that matches my requirements.

I don't know much about cars but I am considering buying something with a little power for once in my life. What would you recommend? Not really looking for anything too insane or out of my price range.

I don't mind something used but preferably I'm looking for something with 50k miles or less, 2016 or newer and $30k or less.

Was looking at the Cliche Challenger R/T or Camaro 1LT or something if I can find one that matches my requirements.
You're going to get a ton of varying recommendations on this. Best bet is to just drive some things. You'll immediately know which you prefer.

But FWIW, nearly any 2016+ car around $30k will probably be pretty damn fast in the grand scheme of things (I swear our '18 minivan can smoke our '01 Mustang GT).

I'd go drive the Camaro, a 5.0 Mustang, and the Challenger and just see what you like.

The Camaro could be a much better car. Sure, it's fast and handles well, but it's not very comfortable, nor does it look the part. They should go back to the circular headlights and redesign the front and rear to resemble a '70 Camaro. A split front bumper would be the ultimate. The key to the Challenger's success is its resemblance to the early design. FoMoCo and GMC are stuck in a it's gotta look European mindset. A mindful correction of the Camaro design could make it the #1 selling car in its class. The Challenger is a heavy beast, sure... but, that weight lends to an almost luxury car feel. Order the Super Track Pack option, and you get Bilstein suspension.

I have a hard time getting comfortable in most of the new muscle/pony cars. I climb in and think 1) this thing is huge, 2) I can't see a damn thing, and 3) holy shit this thing is fast.

I have a hard time getting comfortable in most of the new muscle/pony cars. I climb in and think 1) this thing is huge, 2) I can't see a damn thing, and 3) holy shit this thing is fast.
As far as visibility goes, they still rank higher than the C8 Corvette. Speaking of the C8... Not a fan. Again, they've designed it to appeal to the European sports car enthusiast. Wait... the new term is supercar.:sick:

I was looking at a C7 last week. For whatever reason, I don't see myself in one. If $ were no object, I'd go with a AC/Shelby Cobra licensed reproduction. C. Shelby actually gave a 1 of 2 Cobra "Super Snake" to Bill Cosby, and Cosby gave it back! Dress 'em up, send 'em to school... :rolleyes:

Finally, finally out of paint! Needs some reassembly - spoilers, lights, rear bumper, interior. Then a light wet sand and buff. Hoping I get to turn the key by September!

If you guys saw my earlier post in this thread of the pair of 73 TAs (Red and Green) this is what I sold them to fund: DSE front subframe, DSE rear Quadralink, Mini tubbed, LS9, Tremec T-56.

Attachments

• BDB26FCE-4417-4191-8B02-AD49F746A64C.jpeg
    BDB26FCE-4417-4191-8B02-AD49F746A64C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 65
Cruise and car show last night. Went with my buddy who owns the orange Roadrunner. My favorite comments of the evening: "Where in the hell did you get this thing?" and "What the fuck happened here?"

:sneaky:

Back